Chapter 46

As expected, the mission - more like punishment - was remote. I found myself on multiple supply runs, evacuations, scouting and on the front lines with Livia, deep in the outer rim. Often near or in Separatist territory.

My Padawan had been confused to say the least when Master Windu had requested her presence on the docking bay, to only find out that we were to leave immediately for a remote mission when she had been busy training with Ahsoka and Anakin just moments before.

The girl knew something was amiss, that something was bad about to happen, and when she had asked, I had given her parts of the truth; that the Council had a mission that involved Anakin, and when I had spoken out against it, they sent me away. Instead of hearing me out, my old Master chose to practically punish me for not agreeing with the council as expected of me. Admittedly, I felt rather bitter about that the entire time I was away.

Though I almost had no time spare to wallow in my bitterness, as missions and objectives came in quickly after the other. I assumed that had been Master Windu's plan; to keep me occupied and out of the way until either Obi-Wan's mission was over or I had changed my mind and agreed to help.

Between missions, I continued my research. The focus for the most part was on Savage Oppress, the one who had apparently replaced Ventress but betrayed Dooku quickly, as I couldn't find out much about the Chancellor in the Outer Rim. Savage left a trail, and it went as far as Dathomir, and I decided that I would be making a detour to investigate the planet before I returned to Coruscant when Master Windu allowed it.

I sent in regular reports, hoping that Master Windu would change his mind, or even tell me the progress on Obi-Wan's mission and Anakin's wellbeing. Though I knew it was a fools hope, yet I was still disappointed each time when nothing changed.

Unsurprisingly, the briefings with Master Windu were kept short and to the point, though he continuously reminded me of how I could return if I agreed to help handle Anakin. I refused every time, still stubbornly believing that I was in the right. Every briefing ended with a disappointed sigh from Master Windu, before he reminded me that I would be unable to contact anyone else.

I wasn't sure how long I had been sent away when it happened. We had been deep in the outer rim, preparing to launch an attack, when I felt it - a disturbance in the force. I could feel the grief, the anger, the rage. As if it were my own.

From that, I knew that Obi-Wan's mission was taking place, and he had faked his death in front of his old Padawan. As expected, Anakin hadn't taken it well, and I felt his raging emotions from the other side of the galaxy. Clearly, my fears weren't unfounded.

Livia too, had felt the disturbance as she had rushed into my chambers out of breath, saying quickly that she had no idea what was going on, but she knew that something awful had occurred. The girl could feel the pain from Ahsoka and Anakin as they grieved the loss of Obi-Wan.

When Master Windu had finally given me the all clear to return to Coruscant - saying that Anakin had figured out the truth and had been debriefed by Master Yoda - I was in the middle of breaking a planetary blockade. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't return to Coruscant, not yet at least.

Livia however, I offered her the option of returning early, but she had stubbornly refused, claiming that we had a mission to complete and we couldn't return until it was done. Though, I could feel just how much my Padawan wanted to return to Coruscant and Ahsoka.

As soon as the blockade was broken, as soon as relief had been sent to the planets inhabitants and reinforcements had arrived, I had felt a strong desire to return directly to Coruscant. But first, I had a detour to make. There was a disturbance in the force. Death, so much death.