Chapter 14

The gungan swamps were beautiful; so much life and energy. Jar Jar had just left to find his people and a few of the Queens soldiers were unloading the supplies. Hopefully it would take a while for the droids to track the ship from here.

Obi-Wan had been silent, but he was happier than usual. He was walking to his Master now so I reluctantly followed.

We all stood in silence for a few moments before Obi-Wan asked, "do you think the Queens idea will work?"

Qui-Gon shrugged, "The Gungans will not easily be swayed and we cannot use our power to help her."

I nodded, but Obi seemed very distant, "Im sorry for my behaviour Master. It is not my place to disagree with you about the boy. I am grateful you think I am ready for the trials."

Qui-Gon looked at him for a long moment, with pride glinting in his eyes, "you have been a good apprentice. You are much wiser than me Obi-Wan. I foresee you will become a great Jedi Knight."

I slowly left them to talk as I felt as if this was private. Besides, Im sure the Queen would want help planning, or maybe Ani and Padme would want some company.

I quickly found Padme and she looked deep in thought, "are you all right, Padme?"

She smiled at me weakly, "yes. Its just this war Im afraid. The Queen has had to make the hardest decision of her life. She doesn't believe in fighting, we are peaceful people" she explained, but it sounded a lot more personal than it should have.

"its going to be all right Padme. Im here to help. we will get your planet back." I told her and she nodded sadly, before walking towards the ship.
I watched her go and I truly felt sorry for her as no planet should go through war like this.

~*~

Jar Jar had just returned from the lake. Obi-Wan had explained that there was some kind of secret hide out which Jar Jar was leading us towards, until he was caught by a Captain Tarpals.

Obi-Wan stood next to me, but he was quiet. He and Master Jinn must have had a big conversation as he was obviously deep in thought. We were being lead through a clearing of Gungan refugees. At the far end were ruins of a grand temple which had a carved head.

The Boss Nass and several others stood there, looking at us with disgust.

"yousa payen dis time. Whos da uss-en others?" the Boss exclaimed.

Queen Amidala stepped forward, "I am Queen Amidala of the Naboo. I come before you in peace." She explained before the Boss interrupted her.

"Naboo biggen. Yousa bringen da Mackineeks... Dya busten uss-en omm. Yousa all bombad. Yousa all die'n, mesa think." He exclaimed. It was very hard to understand him.

The Queen continued anyway, "we wish to form an alliance -" she began but this time Padme stepped forward and silenced her.

"your honour. " Padme called, and all eyes faced her.

The Boss eyed her slowly, "whosa is dis?"

"I am Queen Amidala," she explained, before pointing towards the other queen, "this is my decoy, my protection, my loyal bodyguard." She paused and I looked at Obi-Wan who gave me a knowledgeable look.

"I am sorry for my deception, but under the circumstances it has become necessary to protect myself. Although we do not always agree, Your Honor, our two great societies have always lived in peace...until now. The Trade Federation has destroyed all that we have worked so hard to build. You are in hiding; my people are in camps. If we do not act quickly, all will be lost forever...I ask you to help us...no, I beg you to help us."
She finished before dropping to her knees before the Boss, "we are your humble servants, our fate is in your hands." It was a surprising twist, but the Boss seemed interested at least.