24 ♦WHO SENT WHOM♠

Start from the beginning

"Aaahhhhhh!!"

Wangji was dozing, when a scream startled woke him up.

"Aaaaaaa, h...u.r...t....s. Hu... Hu.... Hurts..... Aaaaaaaaa!!!"

Wuxian was wriggling in pain, screaming. Wangji pushed the call button beside the bed, informing the doctors and nurses.

He hugged him very lightly not to injure him and stroked his back gently.

"It hurts, it hurts....."

Wuxian was sniffing.

"I don't wanna die. Please help. I wanna live. It hurts bad. (Sniffs)"

The doctor and nurses came immediately. And, Baoshan Sanren too. Wuxian was clutching Wangji's shirt like his life depended on it. And screaming and wriggling. Sometimes he punched on Wangji's chest really hard, thrashed his legs and hit Wangji with his hands screaming in pain. But Wangji didn't let go. He kept holding on to him, stroking him, calming him.

Sanren smiled. She took out a photo from inside her robe.

"He's to him, just like you were to me. My husband, my shorty........... Do you still get annoyed when I call you that, my love!!!!!! My soulmate. Wei Ying got my looks and your silliness, just like your daughter. And his husband accepted his beauty, silliness, tantrums, and stubbornness with open arms, wholeheartedly. Like ones you did to me. I hurt you, but you never let go. And I shall be grateful for it forever. I hope they spend a blissful long happy life. Bless them. My Wuxian lost a lot, faced a lot in one lifetime and at a very young age. I hope he doesn't loose Wangji. Ever. Because dying everyday, while breathing is harder than dying once and for all. My beloved, am no longer needed here. The one he needs is there, holding him tight. "

She wiped her tears, smiled and left.

Doctors injected Wuxian with sedative. Wangji kept holding Wuxian tight. Wuxian kept sniffing in pain, hiding his face in Wangji's chest. Slowly he calmed down but still panted and not long after dozed off, peacefully. But still held on to Wangji tightly.

Wangji laid him down like a precious pearl. Gently. He caressed his face.

"You will be ok. Am here for you."

He then freed himself, ever so gently and went out to see Grandma Sanren but she was long gone. Fengmian saw Wangji searching and came forward.

"She's gone. And don't mention her name in front of Wei Ying. He doesn't like her. He feels she abandoned him, when he needed her the most. He feels she was the family, who left him family less, alone and abandoned after his parents died. That's not true. But he is stubborn that way and won't let her near him, since childhood. She knows he will not like her presence when he got up. So she left, silently. She takes care of him in her own way. She says she will never let go..... "

"Neither will I.... "

Wangji said with confidence. Fengmian looked carefully at him.

"Mr. Lan wangji, my Wuxian is very stubborn. If he loves someone, he loves with stubbornness. But sometimes, he would never acknowledge his love for that person. Just what he does with Sanren madam. He understands her, loves her the most, but won't admit it. And no matter what, he will keep fighting his love for her."

Fengmian sighed.

"But Wuxian too is a human being. And a kid at that. A young kid who lost a lot in life and faced a lot too. He feels hurt too. Pain too. So, he might someday show up a side of him that might hurt you the most. But mark on your words at that time. Never let go of him......... I will leave for now. It's late. I will come tomorrow. With everyone. By then he will be fine. Take care. "