31. ✭ the drugs don't work

Start from the beginning

"What's going on--"

Sharise held her hand up to me and rolled her eyes, huffing in annoyance. "Don't. Go. There." She turned to Heather with a scowl, shaking her head. "How on god's green earth do you cope with Tommy!? He is absolutely insufferable!"

I kept quiet because I knew exactly how she felt, but Heather's frown made me feel awful.

"I'm sorry to say it, I really am, but the man is like a toddler! He is so loud and irritating and--"

"--hey!" he yelled from the bus, brows furrowed "just because you got your period today doesn't mean you can act like a bitch! I haven't done shit wrong, Sharise!"

Heather and I both eyed one another and nodded. Sharise was never usually so hostile. That explained a lot.

Standing outside in the bitter, freezing cold in nothing but an oversized shirt and leather jacket wasn't the best idea--especially when hungover and strung out.

"You've gone real pale all of a sudden, Chris..." she let out and my bottom lip started to quiver as I felt my stomach churn a little bit.

"Tommy..." Heather tried to call out for him without making it seem as though she was making a big deal, but when she saw the way I couldn't seem to hold myself up right, that's when she panicked. "Tommy! Get out here!"

"Heather, I'm fine" I put a hand against the wall as I lowered myself to sit on the floor, and pushed my back to the bricks.

He strode out with a bright smile, thinking that whatever he was about to be met with would make his afternoon.

How he was wrong.

"Jesus Christ--Christine you're going blue--" he grabbed a hold of my hand to warm me up and let out a sigh when he felt how cold I actually was. "Heather" he turned to her "Sixx left a piece of paper on the refrigerator this morning with a number on it. Call it."

"Who's number is it?"

Tommy shrugged. "I don't know. But he told me to call that if Chris needed him" he put a hand to my forehead and pushed hair from my face as my eyes refused to open, and my cheeks flushed. "I think that she needs him."

"I think....I think I'm gonna puke" I let out softly, my head buried into Tommy's chest as he pulled me up and held me closer to him.

He nodded and helped me over to the bus. I felt Doc's eyes on us because it probably looked a hell of a lot worse than what it actually was, but I didn't care. I felt like I was about to collapse and he was the only thing that helped to put me at ease.

Tommy cared a lot. Maybe he cared a little too much.

He held my hair up while I was puking, and soothed my back in an attempt to get me to fall asleep. I felt bad that he thought he had to do that, and I felt even worse knowing that Heather was probably on edge at the thought of leaving the two of us alone.

"She's fine, Tommy" I heard Nikki huff out angrily as he shut the bedroom door, after coming in to check on me as I pretended to be flat out so he wouldn't yell. "You called me back here for nothing!"

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I sat up against the headboard, and the pair of them were arguing at the front of the bus.

"She looked like she was gonna pass out, man! I called you because she's your wife, and I thought that you'd care!"

"But she is fucking fine, Tommy!" he repeated himself, and I didn't even need to see him to know he was rolling his eyes and gritting his teeth.

"But we didn't fucking know that, Nikki! The way that the two of you are going, I really didn't wanna take any chances."