30. ✭ what a lovely sin

Start from the beginning

"He's with Tommy and a few of the other guys from Autograph, before they head home tomorrow and we move on to Illinois" I raised a brow, not realizing that the band didn't have a show that night--just proving how much attention I'd pay to what Nikki said to me.

"Oh, alright. And Sharise? I was hoping to hang out with her a little today. I like her a lot."

Vince smiled, satisfied that we were getting along. "She's with Heather" I nodded, trying not to roll my eyes at the mention of her name. "I think they're getting ready to head out for something to eat...you should go too!"

"I think I'll have to pass" I leaned over the sink to grab my toothbrush.

"Why?"

"Because Heather doesn't like me."

"She does too like you."

"No she doesn't. She likes Nikki, she likes you, she likes Mick, she likes Sharise, she even likes Doc fucking McGhee. But she absolutely doesn't like me." Vince puffed out his chest, lips curling into a smile. "I'd be willing to bet that Tommy either "accidentally" let slip about what happened--twice--or she's just suspicious and thinks that there's something going on between the two of us."

"And is there something going on between the two of you?" he asked carefully, expecting me to snap.

I shook my head. "I haven't slept with him since before the album was released. Nikki and I have been good lately, and I'm not going to jeopardize that."

"Things have been good?" I smiled without looking at him and started to brush my teeth. "How good?"

"Really good. He loves on me everyday."

"And are you safe?" he raised a brow when I just scoffed. "Hey! Don't give me that attitude, Sixx. I'm just saying. Don't you remember how badly he freaked out last time?"

"Yes I know, and yes, we're safe. I'm on the pill."

"Is Nikki using condoms?"

I had to think about it for a few seconds while I spat out the toothpaste but pretended that I didn't hear what he had said, because I quickly realized that I couldn't remember the last time I even saw a condom.

"Christine."

"No" I let out shyly. "I don't think he is."

"Come on, you don't wanna ca--you don't wanna get pregnant right now, do you?" Vince fumbled over his words. His eyes widened and he scratched the back of his neck when he realized what he had almost said, but I just let it go over my head.

I knew what he was referring to. 

I knew that Nikki had been sleeping around. I even told Vince that I knew. But I just think that everyone wanted to protect me. Just like they wanted to protect Nikki from what happened between Tommy and I.

Vince didn't care if I got pregnant. Vince, however, did care if I caught something from Nikki.

And it's honestly a surprise that I didn't.

"If I get pregnant, then that's just an issue I'll have to face when it happens" I shrugged, turning off the faucet. "But I think I'm safe. I don't think my body is a hospitable environment. A fetus wouldn't survive in here" I let out a laugh and pat my stomach, but Vince just stared back at me with a frown.