Confession

"Don't you feel nervous?"  Phana asked Forth.

 Forth glanced at Phana.  He was sitting while practicing the song he was about to sing.  "No, should I?"  he asked casually.

 Tonight is the night of the moon and star election.  Phana shook his head.  Forth did not care about this election at all.

 "I heard your senior will punish you if you don't win," Phana said again.  Forth smiled faintly.

 "From the start, I was more willing to accept punishment than following the election of the moon and this stupid star," he replied.

 Phana shook his head.  The man in front of him is really strange.

 "Well, good luck then," he said, patting Forth's shoulder and going onstage.  A senior called out to him and said that it was his turn to go onstage.

 After Phana, it was Forth's turn to appear.  He looked at the moon and stars.  Some look relieved.  Some look tense.  To be honest, at first he was nervous too.  But just a short message from Beam made him not care what happened.

 "Good luck. I'll watch you from the audience bench"

 Forth looked at his cellphone and smiled.  He doesn't care if he loses though.  Because he knows, Beam won't change.  No matter what the results.

 Forth looked at Phana who had come down from the stage.

 "It's your turn man!"  he said.

 Forth nodded.  He carried his guitar and went onstage.

 ******

 An MC introduced Forth.  Forth went up on the stage and stared at the audience.  There are hundreds of people but he can recognize Beam who is sitting between his parents and Beam's parents.  He can also see Kit, Earth and Lam sitting behind them.

 "Guitar. Are you going to sing?"  asked the MC

 Forth nodded "Krab" he replied.  He looked both at his parents.  He knew he would create misfortune for them tonight but he had made up his mind.

 "Alright Nong. Good luck," said the MC while letting Forth take over the stage.  Forth sat on a bench and tried to adjust the location of his guitar.

 "Good night," he said, smiling softly at Beam.  All the audience answered greetings Forth.  Some female audience members screamed hysterically.  But Forth only looked at Beam.  He even ignored his seniors who were standing backstage and showed a scary look to him.  Oak even gave a signal that Forth would die if he lost.

 "To be honest. When I joined this election I didn't think that I had to show something. So when the committee said that I had to show my talent, I didn't know what to do."

 "I have no talent. I even lost playing games with my best friend Earth" some of the audience laughed at Forth's joke.

 "Then I remembered a few things that I was very good at doing. First was fighting." Forth could see his father rolling his eyes and his mother covering his face with both hands.

 "But I can't possibly show you how to fight the streets on stage," he said.  Everyone laughed again.

 "The second ......" Forth looked at Beam "I'm very good at harboring feelings" 

 Forth's words made everyone cheer.  Beam looks like he wants to escape from the auditorium.  The Forth seniors want to drag him down.  But Forth did not care.