Chapter 11

Leigh's POV

The world was spinning. My sister. Dead. It can't be true. I must be imagining things. I kept seeing the rope, swinging from the ceiling. That was the thing that killed my sister. Why? why was it her? Mom, Dad and now her! I don't think i can take this anymore. I have people relying on me. I have to make sure the girls are ok. I mean its bad enough for me, but for them it must be terrible. They are too young to understand suicide. I think about the handwritten letter, my beloved sister left saying she hated life and couldn't take it anymore. Obviously the girls won't know about that until they are older. I imagine her writing that letter, tears streaming down her face. Why? why did she just give up? I start to get angry at her for leaving me in all this mess. I am only 15! I shouldn't have thid pressure. I walk to school and go into class like nothing happened. I know I shouldn't be here but its better than being at home. I don't say anything about my situation because i don't want sympethy. Everyone keeps asking why i missed school but i just use the excuse that i woke up late. Most of them believed it, that was until my princible asked me to go to his office. I went curious of what he wanted. When i walked in he asked me why Jes wasn't in school. I struggled back my tears while making up that she was working. He nodded and let me go back to class. I walked out of his office, feeling horrible. I think aboyut jesy's body laying in her room. I should tell somebody by what if they take the girls away from me? I can't let that happen. I sit in the back of my class and stayed quitet. I zoned out while the teacher was talking, until i felt somebody shaking me. I looked up to find my teacher looking at me worridly. I look around to discover all my peers had gone. I quickly pack my things away, not looking in her eye. I began to get up and get out of the classroom when my teacher stopped me. She told me she was concerened about me and asked if i was ok. I nod my head and she sighs. She tells me to stay in her room because the school counciller, Mrs Jones, is on her way down. I nod and sit back down at the back of the room. She sighs again and goes back to her desk at the front. I just sit there for 10 minutes until the counseller came in. She looks at Mrs Browne, my teacher, and then comes to the back with me. She sits down and looks at me symperthetically. She asks me if i am ok.( she is the 6th person today!)  

"I'm Fine." I say fustrated. She nods and asks me loads of questions about my friends and family. I asnwer all of them while she takes notes, after 50 questions she finisheds. She writes 2 letters, one for my principle and one for Jesy.(obviously she won't be recieving it.) She tells me to go to the head and give him the note. I nod and follow her instructions. When i get to the office i go in and my principle, Mr Wakins, looked suprised to see me. I sit down in the seat oppisite him and hand him the letter.He sighs and quickly reads through it. After he has finished he thinks for a moment before concluding that Jesy should pick me up and take me home for the rest of the day. I told him that Jes was at work and could not take me home. He thinks for a moment and then tells me he will take me back to my house since he wants me to rest. I tell him that it really isn't nessassary but he continues to insist. I didn't know what to say and just went with it. I could always go for a run when he leaves the house. He gets his things together and tells me to follow him into his car. I obey and follow him to the staff car park. Once we are there, we get in and he asks me for my address and i quickly tell him, I just want this all to be over. It takes about 10 minutes to get to my house, when we get there he startes to get out of his car. I question him but he just replies 

" I need to make sure your safe before i leave" I nod hesitantly, not sure what i should do. What if he goes into Jesy's room? I open the door and walk through to the living room. He follows me and looks around my house, very closely. He goes into my room and nods when he sees all the pictures i have on my wall of all my family, mainly of mom. He looks around to see all of Jade's things aswell. He comes out of my room and admires how much he likes my wall. He goes to go into Jes' rom and I quickly stop him. 

"You can't go in there. That was my mom's room and now it's my sister's. They don't let anyone in there." I whisper. He looks at me suprised. 

"Leigh, you know I need to go in, I need to make sure your safe. I will only be quick and then i will leave." He says to me, not really giving me an opition to protest. I shake with fear. He opens the door slowly and I start tearing up at the sight. Jesy's body is just hanging there infront of the door, just like i found it this morning. His head turns to look at me and he has a suprised facial expression. He starts muttering things to himself. I look down trying to cover my face. He walks over to me and looks down at me symperthetically. I take one look at him before bolting out the door. I run and run, I don't even know where I am going I just let my legs take me. When i come back to relisation i notice i am only 10 minutes away from moms grave. I make a quick desition to go and visit her. I go into the graveyard and start crying at the relisation that Jesy will be here soon. I sit down infront of moms grave. I take a look at all the cards and flowers that are around it, I think about all the memories Mom, Jes and I has. Perrie was right when she said everybody close to you dies. 1 by 1. All I have now are Perrie and Jade but I don't even know if we will be allowed to stay together now that Jesy is gone. i wondered how long i had been here for, before heading back home, on the way back i stop at the park. I swing on the swings and remember the time I was on it and Jes was pushing me. It was my first week with Jesy and I still didn't completly trust her. We were talking about how i liked the house, it only lasted for about 10 minutes before mom called us home. Speaking of home, i should probably be heading home. I mean it's probably time to pick the girls up. I slowly walked back up the road and see parents walking the oppisite way with thier kids. This continued until i got to our house. Mr Wakins' car was still outside which made me tense up a bit. I walk into my house to hear Perrie and Jade giggling. They stop as soon as they see me. They look as my face, which is full of tears and look down. I look around to see Mr Wakins and a few of my other teachers including Mrs Jones, who had obviously taken the girls back here from school. I go over to the girls and pull them both into a hug. They are the only people I have left. My teachers are looking at us from a distance. They all looked sad, I supposed they felt bad for us. I break the hug and sit on the couch not saying a word. I don't know if the girls know yet but I'm just hoping they don't because I would like to tell them in my own words. Mrs Jones came over to me and sat down in the space beside me. She looked at me and said she knew something was up at school. She rubs my bad and tells me that I look exhasted. To this i nod. I am exhasted, after everything that happened i just don't have any energy left. She tells me to sleep on the couch and that they would look after the girls. I smile at her thankfully and laid down on the couch, I cried and cried until i was fast asleep. 

Perrie's POV

Mr Wakins, Jesy and Leigh's Principle was kind enough to take me and Jade to mcdonalds. While the rest of the adults waited for Leigh to wake up. I wasn't sure why all the teacher were there and why everyone seemed so upset but I suppose we will find out in time. Once we had finished our meals, Mr Wakins paid and we headed back to our house. He is a nice guy and was very nice to me and Jade.

Leighs POV

When I woke up, I saw all my teachers surrounding me looking at me sadly. That's when everything came to me and I remembered everything that had happened. I looked down until Mrs Jones started speaking to me.

"Leigh, we are so sorry for your loss. We are going to need to speak about living arrangments for you and the girls." She says to me.

"I want them to stay with me. We are still a family even if 2 member have passed away! They have to stay. I'll get a job. I'll do anything. Please." I cried desperate to keep the only things i have left in my lige. 

"Leigh, you are underage, we can't let you have that much responsiblity it's too much." She told me. I started crying even harder imagining the girls faces when they get told. 

"Please, the house is already paid for. I will only need to pay for the girls. I turn 16 next week! Please the girls have been through enough." She hesitates and then answers

"Well, Social Services will need to approve, I'm not sure if they will accept the request but we can try." I nod gratefully. It's then I hear talking from outside. Perrie and Jade.