Chapter 8

Perrie's POV

I wake up to the rain pouring outside. I grumble as Leigh is trying to pull me out of bed. It's too early and it's raining. And i have to go to school. And i have to actually try to make it through another long painful day without dying. Yep, my bed sounds way more appealing. 

"Come on Perrie get up. We made a suprise in the kitchen for your birthday!" Leigh encourages. I perk up at this. I forgot it was my birthday! I reluctantly sit up and give her a half death glare. I'm feeling generous and i don't give her one that will incienrate her, it's my birthday after all. After I get over the intial grogginess of waking up I walk intot he kitchen to see pancakes and a small package on the table with my name on it. All of my sisters are sitting down already and when they see me they all start to smile like clowns. It's a little wierd but I guess they are excited. We sit down and eat breakfast and chat. The mood is light and dun and we laugh a lot. It feels nice to just sit here as a family and laugh, to feel like you belong somewhere. We all finish eating and Jesy points at the package in the middle of the table. 

"Open it." She says. I reach over and grab the package, It's very small. 3 Inches long and a inch high at the most. and it's wrapper in some plain baby blue paper. I open it slowly, I've never been one to just rip the paper off. There was a small brown box inside so i lift the lid off and inside the box is a little heart shaped locket. It's not fancy, just a small metal heart, when i open it i start tearing up a bit. In the inside, on one side there is a picture of Jesy, Leigh-Anne, Jade and I and on the other there is a picture of my mother. I look up in shock, no words can form in my mouth so I just stare, mouth wide open, eyes watering and waiting for someone to break the silence. 

"Happy Birthday Pearbear" Leigh says as they all come over and hug me.

"Alrigh, alright, this is nice but we need to get to school." Jesy reminds us all and we all nod in response and make our way to Jade and I's school.

"Remember girls, i start work today after school so i won't be home until around 8.30. Get all your homework done and be good for Leigh yeah? You can have some poeple over for Perries's birthday but noone stays past 7.00." Jesy tells us all.

'It's alright Jes, we can handle it. Plus I don't think anyone would want to come to my house." I say looking down.

'Pez we've talked about this, you have to put yourself out there. Well we'll talk about this another time or you will be late and so will we. Have a nice birthday and both of you girls have a great day!" Jesy says to us as her and Leigh scuttle towards thier high school.

"Come on Pez, It won't be that bad, You have still got me. We'll make your birthday special, I promise." Jade says grinning. We grab hands and walk through the school until we had to go to our seprate classes. I scuttle in and sit in my usual spot. I just want to go home and be with my family the rest of the day. Looking down at the locket on my neck makes me think about how part of my family is missing. It's ben three weeks, still pretty fresh, since my mum passed. Thinking about it makes me want to cry but I know i can't here, but I don't think i can help it and a couple tears escape from my eyes. Suddenly someone dropping books on the desk next to me startles me. 

"Oh, did I startle the baby Perrie? Well i am sorry, I didn't know a person could be so weak. You were crying weren't you? I bet it's because you are a baby. Baby Perrie can only cry that is all she knows how to do." Brandon says. Brandon has been bullying me since I was in fourth grade so for 2 years. I really don't need this right now so I turn around and wish for the day to be over. 

Jade's POV

I'm walking to lunch and talking with Camilia. 

"So do you think you can do that for me?" I ask her.

"I don't know if she will go for it but I can try. Really anyway I can help out just ask, I feel so bad for her." Camila replies. 

I sit down at my table and Perrie is already there. 

"Hey Pez, Mila here is going to join us today." I say

"Okay, Hi Camila." Perrie replies. 

Perrie has gotten comfortable enough around camila to talk a little and even laugh since Camila ends up sitting with us a lot of the time. 

"Hi Perrie! Happy Birthday by the way! Sorry I'm not creepy and like stalk you or something to know when your birthday is it is just that Jade told me this morning so i though i would say happy birthday but if i had known sooner i would have got you a present or a card or something and so now I feel bad but it's jade's fault for not telling me sooner so blame her!" Camila says and i roll my eyes.

"It's okay Camila, I didn't expect you to know anyways." Perrie says giggling. We end up chatting and giggling for the rest of lunch until the bell rings. Camila and I get up and say bye to Perrie and then we go to find Dinah. The rest of the day goes by in a blur and it's finally time to go home.

"Okay Jade I'm going to get her I'll be back in a second." Camila tells me.

"Okay, but hurry! Leigh will be her in a minute and Perrie." I whisper incase Perrie is around. I walk to the front of the school and not long after I see Camila pulling someone down the hall running towards me, not caring that she is knocking many people down in her path. 

"Camz stop running, what is so important that you have to drag me here?" the person says. Camila does not reply and keeps going until she reaches me, then  she turns to face the person, who just happens to be her sister, Lauren. 

"We are going to the Thirlwalls for Perrie's Birthday." Camila says. 

"Mila you were supposed to ask her not force her!" I say. 

'Well i wasn't taking no for an answer." she replies.

"Umm Hello? I'm still here!" Lauren says.

"I know that. We are going you don't get a choice, i already called mom." Camila tells Lauren.

Lauren hufs and folds her arms. I can tell she doesn't want to be here. Maybe this was a bad idea I mean maybe Perrie doesn't even like her and I'm ruining her birthday.

"Sorry she's acting so reluctant. she is a really nice person when she isn't at school and is trying to look cool. I don't fit into that cool status so she pretends i don't excist." Camila explains.

I am baffled. I could never imagine Perrie ignoring me at school because it would be uncool. I sometimes forget my family is closer than most people's. Perie soon walks up and gives me a questioning look.

"They are coming over for your birthday." I say as a sheepish grin comes on my face. Perrie's face is completly blank and i think she's mad, until she smiles. She smiles a real genuine smile because Perrie just wants to fit in and maybe this is her chance.