Chapter 26: First Love

Start from the beginning

"But you wouldn't know, Granger. I'm sure she will forgive you, she will understand."

"It's not that simple. That's why I want you to really think about what you're thinking of doing to Gusion before you do it. There are things you really can't undo, things you'll never be able to bring back to how they were again."

Guinevere hugged him.

"Thank you, Granger, for being my friend."

"It's still up to you, Guin. You're the only one who knows what would be best for the two of you. I guess I just don't want you to have the same regrets that I had."

Guinevere couldn't sleep that night. She's thinking about everything that Granger told her.

Her phone rang.

"Hey."

Gusion: Hey, I'm really sorry I wasn't able to walk you home. How was your day, my princess?

"It's okay. Granger walked me home. Classes were boring as usual. How was your V.E.N.O.M. photoshoot?"

Gusion: It went well. Wait, I'll send you a copy of one of my photos.

"Wow, Emperor Gusion you look badass here. I love it!"

Gusion: Thank you, love. Have you had dinner already? I can come over and bring food.

"Just rest, Mr. Paxley, please? I already had dinner. How about you?"

Gusion: I haven't. I just got back from the photoshoot.

"Ugh, why does it had to end so late? Go grab something to eat and stop worrying about me, okay? I'll see you tomorrow."

Gusion: Okay. I'll let you rest now too. I miss you.

"I miss you too."

IN THE BOY'S DORMITORY...

"Emperor Gusion! What's up? Granger and I are having dinner, join us!" Alucard invited Gusion to eat as he entered their room.

"Thanks. That monkey cleaned up our fridge again." Gusion chuckled.

"You are too patient with Dexter. Why don't you and Guinevere just live together?" Alucard suggested.

Granger stared at the two.

"You guys are both 22. I'm sure you'll make beautiful babies!" Alucard continued but regret what he said as soon as he saw Granger dropped his fork and knife and stopped eating.

Alucard was able to dodge his slap this time.

"Hehe. I'm just kidding about the babies. But living together, it's like having honeymoon everyday, don't you think?" He continued.

"We haven't done anything like that, Alu." Gusion answered.

"What? Wait, let me grab some beer."

Alucard went to the fridge.

"Hey Granger, thanks for walking her home earlier."

"No problem, Gusion."

Alucard went back and opened bottles of beer for the three of them.

"So I was curious, papa Gus. Besides the fact that we know you respect princess Guinevere and all and she's your first love, why haven't you two... you know, when you get to stay in her place during weekends?"

"I wasn't sure if she's ready for that." Gusion replied, a bit uncomfortable.

"But are you?" Alucard asked.

Gusion blushed.

"Stop asking these stupid questions, Alu." Granger butted in.

"Wait, Gus. Don't tell me you've never done it with anyone before?"

Gusion did not respond.

"Hohoho! Can't believe the hottest guy in Moonton is still a virgin. If you need some tips, I'm your man." Alucard chuckled.

"That's not necessary, dumbass. Anyway, Gusion, how are you and Guinevere so far?" Granger changed the subject when he noticed it's making Gusion uncomfortable.

"We're happy. But I'm worried about her. She's been having the same bad dream since she was confined in the clinic and she would wake up scared and crying, calling my name. She didn't want to talk about it so I have no idea what it is exactly about. I want to stay by her side all the time, but I want her to still have her personal space." Gusion responded.

"You should go to Rafaela or Estes. I think they have potions to suppress recurring nightmares." Granger suggested.

"Really? I didn't know that. I'll let Guin know."

"Have you heard about your brother by the way?" Alucard asked, seriously this time.

"As far as I know, they are still not aware that Guinevere is here. But we still must not let our guard down."

"You're right." Granger agreed.

"Wait, Gusion. I have been thinking about this since we discovered that Guinevere is a princess." Alucard suddenly remembers something.

"Thinking about what?"

"What if you marry Guinevere?"

*****
Image credit: @ahriesce Instagram