Humming as she finished her bed, Winter quickly scurried to the bathroom to get ready for the day. After a wash in the shower, Winter dried off and brushed out her hair.

She intended to wear it down for once. Once she was happy with how it looks, she walked to her closet and peered inside. She had already picked out the outfits that she had to wear a few days ago, so she simply took the pre-picked yellow sweater with denim jeans.

It was the first time in a hot second that she was wearing pants, and the converse that she wore with it was also rather odd seeing as she normally wore flats. Though, if everything went according to plan, then she would be thanking herself for her outfit choice later as there would be quite a bit of walking today.

After tucking the yellow sweater into her jeans, Winter shoved her hands into a plain pair of silky gloves.

Winter grabbed her satchel, taking one look at herself in the mirror before she left. Looking at her own reflection still sent chills down her spine and gave her an eery feeling. She was not sure why, but Winter labeled it off as her own stupid paranoia from Halloween.

Thank God that horrible holiday was over.

Still, Winter could not help feeling as though she was being watched when she looked into the mirror, but seeing as there was nothing watching her but her own reflection — Winter did not understand why she felt that way.

She cringed at her reflection, figuring she looked fine but still not getting a good feeling from the mirror. Turning away from the mirror, Winter shuffled out of the room. However, as she turned her back, she completely missed the way that her own reflection smirked and remained in the mirror frame even after Winter was long gone.

The reflection of Winter tilted its head from inside the mirror, raising a glove-covered hand against the glass. With a small snicker, the reflection of Winter disappeared leaving her room empty.

From down the hall, Winter was walking at a fast pace to get to the kitchens. Her and Uma had decided to wake up Harry with breakfast in bed, something that Winter was meant to be bringing to him in a little less than an hour.

Winter was hoping it would surprise him and Uma assured her that it would. Not only that, but Winter decided that she and Harry would be skipping class that day, something that was bound to put him in a good mood.

Winter was not too worried about it as all her work for this and next was completed, the only thing she was hesitant about was Fairy Godmother getting on her and Harry's case. More so Harry's because the Fairy Godmother would blame him for being a bad influence on Winter.

Which, honestly he was, but they both did not give a shit. Harry did not give damn because... well, he's Harry Hook — who cares if he's a bad influence?

For Winter, she knew that she was her own independent person, she chose her own actions and made her own story. Even if Harry was not the best influence, Winter was old enough to know right from wrong and carve her path of decisions.

Despite this, Ben assured Winter that he would keep Fairy Godmother off their case... along with Phil too because Lord knows what would happen if the crotchety satyr found them. Winter shivered just thinking about it.

As Winter walked across campus, it was still dark as she guessed. When she arrived to the kitchen, the cooks and servants were bustling, all getting breakfast ready for that morning. Winter was reminded just how fortunate Auradon Prep was to have real true chefs cooking for them and not have some crap-ass food like other bordering schools.

"Oh, Winter," Winter glanced at one of the many female chefs, "did you need something dear?"

This particular chef was named Ann-Marie, and Ann-Marie alike to many staff on campus liked Winter. The reason the two even knew each other (because most cooks tended to stay behind the scenes) was because of Winter's tendency to get up early and arrive to breakfast first.