Chapter 27: Elliot

Start from the beginning

Despite the brightly lit fireplace, this unusual coldness seeped into his bones and made him shiver.

He felt weak as the heavy pressure surrounded the room.

"Would Master Julius like to retaliate?" He asked, almost fearfully as his composure crumbled, wondering what that Odum bastard had written to cause such a reaction.

His master merely glanced at him with a frightening gaze.

The servant felt cold sweat forming on his face as those terrifying eyes stared unseeingly at him.

Master Julius slowly made his way out of bed, his bare feet hitting the cold ground heavily as if he was unused to standing for a long time.

He walked over to the kindling fire and stood in front of it.

With the letter in his hand, he tossed it into the flames, watching as it burned into ash.

"Contact the Dartmouths and the Moores. I would like to speak to my companions."

"Yes, Master!"

Julius watched the servant flee expressionlessly.

Vermillion eyes flickered over to the hearth.

Nazareth...

He could taste blood at the back of his throat.

---

Elliot Levi Moores.

Neo recognized him immediately.

With neatly combed ash brown hair and eyes as black as night, Elliot was a rigid boy who desperately wanted to separate himself from the common class.

He was the textbook definition of a noble, but he tried too hard.

Elliot was the second son of the Moores Family, a seemingly simple Earl family under the Aristocratic Faction.

Envious of the attention his older brother was given since childhood, he worked hard to gain his mother's approval, but it was all for naught.

Perhaps the greatest tragedy regarding this boy was his loyalty and devotion to his family. For the sake of the heirship title, he was used by his own mother to go against his own brother, just for a bit of love.

Neo felt a thousand stares searing into his back, onlookers who had just begun to mind their own business turning their attention back to him, the Scummy Troublemaker.

He approached Elliot carefully.

Elliot was one of the three boys belonging to the families Nazareth made connections with. One of three who he had broken ties with by ghosting their letters after sending his own, notifying them of his intentions.

Looking at him now, so young and childish-looking, Neo felt a sense of loss, knowing how this boy would change into a desperate beast, ready to sin for a mother's love.

All because he followed Nazareth's teachings and became just as ruthless and cold.

"Let's go."

Elliot's voice was quiet but audible amidst the seemingly silent schoolyard.

There was a tense silence, but eventually, it needed to die down for what was to come.

Neo gave a slow nod and turned.

He walked past his companions despite their protests.

"Wait for me," he told them, "I'll see you at rehearsal."