~4. Impa, Lady of Kakariko Village~

Start from the beginning

"Um... no, I mean sort of. The somememories are fuzzy and the others are blank..." Linkle quietlysaid, looking down at her shoes.

"The history of the Royal Family ofHyrule is also the history of the Calamity Ganon, a primal evil thathas endured over the ages. This evil has been turned back time andtime again by a warrior wielding the soul of a hero, and a princesswho carries the blood of the Goddess. With the passage of time, eachconflict with Ganon faded into legend. So, listen closely as I tellyou of this legend that occurred 10,000 years ago."

"Hyrule was then blossoming as ahighly advanced civilization. Even the most powerful monsters posedlittle threat to the denizens of the realm. The people thought itwise to utilize their technological prowess to ensure the safety ofthe land, should Calamity Ganon ever return."

"They constructed four mechanicalwonders that came to be known as the Divine Beasts. They also built alegion of autonomous weapons called Guardians. The Divine Beasts werepiloted by four individuals of exceptional skill from across theland. And thus, the plan to neutralize Ganon was forged."

"Upon Ganon's inevitable return toHyrule, the princess and the hero fought alongside these fourChampions against this ancient evil. The Guardians were tasked withprotecting the hero as the Divine Beasts unleashed a furious attackupon their terrible for. And when the hero wielding the sword thatseals the darkness delivered his final blow... the princess used hersacred power to seal away Calamity Ganon."

Linkle, who had sat down with her legsunderneath her to listen to the story, gazed hard at Impa.

"Free the four Divine Beasts. That iswhat she said." Impa confirmed.

"Am I one of these Champions thatcontrol a Divine Beast?" Linkle asked.

"The four Divine Beasts are theancient Sheikah weapons weilded by the four Champions who Ganondefeated. Divine Beast Vah Rudania, controlled by Daruk of theGorons. Divine Beast Vah Medoh, controlled by Revali of the Rito.Divine Beast Vah Ruta, controlled by Mipha of the Zora. And DivineBeast Vah Naboris, controlled by Urbosa of the Gerudo."

"So... where do I come in in allthis? If the princess is at the castle, and the hero was a young man,and the Divine Beasts were controlled by one person of each otherrace, what does that make me? Who am I?" Linkle asked almostdesperately.

Impa gave her a calm yet pitifulexpression.

"You, my dear, do play a role inthis. You are indeed a Champion. You worked alongside with the heroto aid the princess. However, your position was only secondarycompared to the hero. And now that he hasn't risen, it is up to youto take charge of his tasks. Reclaim the Divine Beasts, save theprincess, and to defeat Calamity Ganon."

Linkle stared at her wide eyed. All ofthis information. Who she was, the missions she was all responsiblefor, all this pressure weighing on her shoulders. Linkle looked downto the side and remained quiet.

"It would be extremely ill- advisedto face Ganon without the power of the Divine Beasts to helpyou...that is why we must get them back on our side at all costs.More information abut these Divine Beasts can be found by locatingthe four races scattered across Hyrule. The Sheikah Slate will guideyou on your way. You must go where it tells you and meet with eachleader there."

"Which do you recommend I headfirst?" Linkle asked tiredly.

"Wherever you think is best to go. Itseems to me that your Sheikah Slate is not yet complete. The devicePrincess Zelda left you is your guide and also your memory."

Linkle blinked surprisingly at her.

"There's a way to gain my memoriesback?" Linkle had hope back in her.

"Yes. Now, there's someone at theresearch lab in Hateno Village who might be able to help you, moreeasier ways to access your memories and other information. Thelocation on your Sheikah Slate on the eastern edge is Hateno Village.It is a small village... One of the very few places that avoidedsignificant damage during the Great Calamity."

Linkle nodded.

"I know this is a lot to digest,Linkle. But in time, everything will make sense. As of now, you knowwhat you must do and you are always welcome here and to ask me forassistance. But for now, you may stay overnight to rest, gather upfood and supplies, freshen up, and we also have a clothing store downthe road."

Linkle stood up and bowed her head tothe elder.

"Thank you, Impa. I do appreciate youhelping me and knowing more about myself." Linkle said as she wasabout to head for the doors.

Linkle had left Impa's abode and wasspeechless of what she was told. She wanted to know more of thesepeople, the princess, the hero, the Champions. But getting theinformation she was just told was enough for a bit.

"Clothes! Get your new clothestoday!" A woman preached outside a shop.

Linkle went inside and had a lookaround. She really could use new clothes than the rags she waswearing. Sheikah armor was presented as well as a hooded cloak, and abeautiful tunic top with a corset with black leggings. Linkle endedup getting the hooded cloak and the tunic combo. Now for once, shehad comfortable clothes and boots.

As she packed her clothes to thehorse's saddle, she brought her horse with her to buy food and moresupplies. Afterwards, she headed over to a cabin where she would bestaying for the night. Linkle did a bath and ate dinner as it grewclose to dark. Linkle ended up taking a walk up the hill of thevillage and encountered a few pink fairies and even an adorableglowing creature, the Bluepee.

Linkle reached a clearing and sat down,hugging her knees to her chest as she watched the moon. She had afeeling there was a lot more she needed to know and it was out therewaiting for her. Soon, she kept telling herself. Tomorrow was anotherday of traveling and one step closer to getting to the Divine Beastsand fighting Ganon.

Next stop, Hateno Village.