~3. On the Road~

Linkle's feet scraped down the roughpath as she walked for a few hours. And a few hours ago, she used theparaglider to reach the kingdom of Hyrule. She followed to the eastwhere the king said to and passed an area of the Hyrule familybanners that were tattered. The path was a long walk and Linklewished she had shoes and maybe even a horse to make traveling easier.

During her travels, she collectedingredients for food and collected treasures and a few weapons. As ofright now she only wielded a Boko spear, and a Traveler's Bow. Sheseemed to do better with spears and with the bow than swords,shields, boomerangs and other weapons.

She came across a bridge and she sawsomeone walking in her direction. This was a first seeing anotherHylian being besides herself. The man with a traveling bag andwalking stick noticed her.

"Hey, you seem lost. I've beengetting tired talking to myself and you just showed up in the nick oftime."

"Um yes, I'm heading towards KakarikoVillage. How much further is it?" Linkle asked

"Oh not far from here. Just keepfollowing this path and you'll see a tower and then the twin peaksalong with a stable on the way. By the way, the towers... did you seethem pop out of the ground? They seemed to have popped up all overthe place! And that's not the only strange thing what's happened.Those ancient shrines just started glowing! You know what that means?The end is near! With all that going on, I'm keeping an eye on thatthing to see if it starts moving." The man said crazily.

"What thing?" Linkle asked.

"I'm talking about that Guardian ofcourse! See that thing over there? THAT is what I'm talking about"he said pointing to a spider like machine on shore next to thestream.

"Did you know some of them can move?One of them once chased me down and tried to kill me!"

"R-Really?" Linkle stuttered, theyalready made Linkle scared.

"Luckily this wasn't the one. The onethat chased me was closer to the castle before the forest but Imanaged to escape. I hear Guardians like that still wander aroundHyrule Castle. Well, be careful, little lady."

"Thank you. And thank you for helpingme also."

After that, the two went separate ways.It was only a few more yards until...

"Ugh! My feet are killing me!!"Linkle groaned. She was tempted to rest but she needed to get to thevillage before night fall.

She eventually saw the tower andclimbed it and activated it. After it updated her map on the SheikahSlate, Linkle noticed a herd of wild horses. She gasped lightly andhurried down to get a closer look.

She crouched in the tall grass andobserved them. She already knew she loved animals and she wished shecould get a horse. It would cost a lot of rupees to get a trainedone. She then decided to risk it, catch her own.

She noticed they get quite startled atthe slightest of sounds. So she crept carefully and quietly. Shespotted a black and white spotted horse and targeted that one. Thehorse was calm and when Linkle sneaked near it and mounted it, itdidn't make a fight but made a few snorts at her. Linkle soothed thehorse and it accepted her.

She rode the horse bare back throughthe twin peaks. Soon after that, she reached the stable. She was ableto buy a saddle, chest guard, and bridle from them and tacked up herhorse. The mane and tail was fairly short so she left them alone. Thewhole time she was trying to think of a name for new travelingcompanion.

"I don't know why or how I came upwith this, but I think I'll call you Malon." Linkle said as shepetted her horse who neighed back.

After getting her horse set, shecontinued down the path more that went up through the mountains. Itgrew quiet except the breeze squeezing in between the narrow canyon.There was a line of rope hung on each side with paddles clankingagainst the wind. She then reached the entrance to the village.Kakariko Village, home to the Sheikah.

(Linkle's horse is at the top of the text after the video.)