【26】

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

LU's POV.

Things had gone crazy in very little time. Apparently Miss Jenn doesn't have a teaching license and she will probably be losing her job. I had completely forgotten about all of that.

After a very long day, with no rehearsals at all, no meetings and a very quiet lunch, I was heading to Big Red's house on his invitation to eat some pizza and chat.

"Lucia!" His very read-headed mom shouted as she yanked me into their house. "How have you been?"

"Amazing Mrs. Red," I laughed as she hugged my organs out of my body.

"Oh I haven't seen you in a week, how are things at home?" She asked. "Oh no, don't answer that!"

"Honey, let the girl breathe." Her husband said, entering the room, Mrs. Red finally releasing her grip on me. "How are you, Lucia?"

"I'm great thanks." I said taking his stretched hand.

"You know where to find them," he said pulling his wife to the kitchen.

Them. Ricky is here. I haven't seen Ricky since the incident.

"Okay, how many people are coming?"

"Are we having a party or...?" I asked as I reached the basement.

"That should be it." Big Red said.

I instantly looked at Ashlyn, forcing myself not to look at Ricky.

"Actually give it a minute." Ashlyn said as the doorbell rang and footsteps filled the room. Five minutes later and we where all sitting around Big Red's basement. I kept glancing around the room.

I was sitting right in the middle of James and Ricky. Not the best sitting arrangement.

"This is a terrible party," Natalie snapped. "There aren't even pretzels. What are we all doing here?"

"We all ended up in the same basement after a really bad day, so someone should say something." Ashlyn spoke.

"Not it!" I yelled.

"Fine!" Carlos says. "I'm mad at Miss Jenn."

"Why?" Gina asks. "Because she's got a couple skeletons in her closet?"

"No, because she is giving up." He says. "She was the first teacher to not see me as a punchline, and now she's not even a real teacher?"