The End

I watch as they lower the coffin into the grave. I can't stop the tears from falling. I know that somewhere, from afar, the boys are watching, along with Romeo, Smecker, and Eunice. They can't show their faces, they're wanted criminals. And Smecker's supposed to be dead. However, the boys wanted to pay their respects to the man who has taken care of them for God knows how long. And we want to support them.

I only knew Doc for three years, but it felt like a lifetime. He gave me such great advice for life, told such good stories. He was like a grandfather to me.

After the service, I meet the boys at my house. We eat ham and beans that I put in the crockpot overnight. We drink some whiskey, we laugh, we cry, we remember the good times.

(-)

"Jameson!" I yell out the front door. "Come get washed up for dinner! Your uncles will be here soon!"

The little boy with shiny red hair and bright blue eyes comes running inside to wash his hands, excited for the steak and mac and cheese I made for dinner.

"Here we are, five juicy steaks, fresh from the grill."

"Thank you. Jameson, come help me set the table."

Right when we get done, I hear the cars pull into the driveway. Shortly after, three men come stomping through the front door.

"Happy Easter, everyone!" Murphy yells. Jameson immediately runs to greet his uncles.

When everyone gets settled down, we sit down to eat. While I watch the five boys completely devour their food, I can't help but think of Smecker and Eunice. They had to leave after Doc's funeral and couldn't be here today. I turn to my husband, Tyler. We met a few months after the funeral, got married after a year. Not long after, Jameson was born. He's six now, and completely spoiled by his uncles.

Murphy and Connor both bought ranches not far from here, and Romeo lives with his girlfriend in Boston. Yeah, Romeo has a girlfriend.

After dinner, we sat outside and watched the horses graze in the yard against the sunset. By then it was Jameson's bedtime, so I took him inside and put him to bed. Then Tyler had to go to bed since he had work in the morning and Romeo had to get back home to his girlfriend. The only ones left were me and the boys.

Me and my brothers, forever.