Smecker and Eunice

When I finally make it back to the truck, Connor had just started it and was about to leave. I run to the driver's side.

"Alright, one of you in the back seat. Hurry."

"Why don't you just hop in the back?" Murphy retorts.

"Becaus this is my truck and I'm driving. Now someone move."

Connor reluctantly climbs in the back and we start the journey to my house, a large cabin on a ranch I own.

"Wow. You have the choice between a small, black, obviously faster getaway car or a loud, red truck and you chose the latter?"

"That's actually not my car."

"Then who's is it?"

"You'll see."

I park next the car in my dirt driveway, muddy due to the rain. We run inside, ignoring the dogs as they tried to jump on us.

"Mission accomplished!" I scream as I slam the door open, startling the two people sitting at my kit heb table. "I've got two angry leprechauns who are ready to know what the fuck is going on."

When the boys realize who the mystery pair is, they freeze. I can understand their frazzlement. One of them is supposed to be dead and the other disappeared for two weeks.

Paul Smecker and Eunice Blume.

"What the- how the-" Murphy stutters.

"Oh for cryin' out loud what the fuck is going on here?" Connor shouts.

"Please, this is my home and I would appreciate you not yelling. Now, as you both know this is Smecker and Eunice. My name is Jenny. Call me Jen. They found me right after you boys were arrested to start on a plan to get you out. I executed this plan and, well, here we are." I leave out the one fact that could pretty much make this whole plan fall apart.

"What about Rome?" Connor asks.

"Romeo will be extracted when he's well enough to walk on his own. And, you know, breath on his own." Eunice's sugar sweet voice filled the almost silent room.

"Alright. Now that we have that cleared up," Smecker pipes up. "Boys, you're-"

"Wait, how the fuck are you still alive?" Murphy interrupts.

"I faked my death in order to cover my tracks. Now, as I was saying. You boys, along with Jenny here, will be carrying on with your previous work. You will be staying here with Jen and I expect you both to be gentlemen. Now, Eunice and I have some business to tend to. We will you tomorrow." We said our farewells and they headed on their way, leaving the boys and I alone.

"Well, let me show you to your rooms." I lead them down the hallway to their rooms. "Theres clothes in the drawers, the bathrooms right there, and that's my room. You can help yourselves to pretty much anything in the kitchen, just clean up your mess and let me know if we run out of anything. Now, if you'll excuse me, I believe I hear a bed calling my name."

With that I leave leave the boys to themselves. Peeling off my shopping wet "work clothes," I hop in my shower. When I get out, I slip on an oversized T-shirt and crawl into bed.

It's not long until all the puzzling thoughts of the day came raining down. How was I going to tell them? What if they don't accept me? What if... What if...

These are my last thoughts before sleep takes me over.