Chapter 11

Your shoulder collided with the cold, stone floor of what appeared to be some sort of castle or palace. You looked up, scanning the room, Geralt and Ciri were a short distance away from you, standing in front of the most beautiful woman you have ever seen. She had long, thick, black curls flowing from her head and the most piercing, violet eyes. The scent of lilac and gooseberries filled the room. Is this the Yennifer that Ciri mentioned was looking for Geralt? 

A noticeable tension lingered in the air, seemingly between the woman and Geralt. You didn't know what about or why, but it must have been something pretty big at one point, and probably somewhat recent. 

The woman spoke with clear authority in her voice, this woman was used to ordering men around and getting what she wanted. "I'm glad that Ciri was able to track you down, Geralt. Emhyr has need of you, and it is in your best interest to do as he wishes this time." 

"Yen..." Your gaze snapped over to Geralt when his voice piped up. "what could he possibly want that I would actually give a shit about?"

"It just so happens that a certain musician friend of yours has gotten himself into trouble again. Big time, again. Gallows worthy... again."

"What in the gods' name did he do now"

"He had far too much to drink and took something he shouldn't have... again." She rolled her eyes, catching glimpse of you. "Is this your most recent plaything? She has quite the fetching face... for a peasant girl. I wonder how long it will be before you lose interest in this one."

Geralt started to speak, "Yen.." but Yennifer quickly silenced him with a look. Whoever she is, she holds a lot of influence over him.

You couldn't help but feel hurt that he didn't even try to defend you or your relationship more. And what the hell did she mean by "this one"? Has he just used women before? He's a witcher, no way he's a womanizer type. All the women in the village you grew up in would throw up at the thought of sleeping with such a man. If you hadn't known him though, you'd have been the same... maybe this Yennifer woman was just jealous. You were of her and you didn't quite know why. But the weird energy around them still remains and it was making it clear that they had some sort of history. You'll make it a point to ask Geralt about it later the next time you're alone. 

Yennifer cleared her throat. "It is late, I shall call for a servant to take you two to your rooms..." Uh oh... separate rooms so it looks like you won't be able to interrogate Geralt tonight. "... the chamberlain will be by in the morning to get you cleaned up for a royal visit in the morning, Geralt."

 Yennifer rung a small bell in her room and this scraggly looking servant girl came bolting clumsily into the room, half tripping before standing to brush her skirt off and then gave a quick bow.  "Yes, Lady Yennifer?"

"Take these two to their rooms." the girl bows quickly again and motions for you and Geralt to follow. You get up from your seat on he floor and follow behind Geralt. The air between you two is also tense now. He seems abnormally on edge here, he keeps glancing around like he's expecting a threat. They stopped at Geralt's room first, he went in with barely a glance back at you. The servant girl gave you an impatient room, urging you to keep following her.

"Are you courting Sir Geralt?" the small girl pipes up.

You open your mouth to answer but aren't quite sure what to say, "... no, not exactly. I healed his wounds a while back and we became good friends."

"Oh, I just thought by the way that you look at him that you two were courting. That makes sense though. Geralt doesn't seem to have time to court anyone, not even Lady Yennifer, though I'm sure you know all about their troubled relationship." She stops talking and walking in front of a door. "Well, this is your room. I will be by in the morning with breakfast and to get a bath drawn for you. Sleep well!" She scampers off to somewhere else in the castle.

You walked into the room looking around in awe, you've never dreamed of staying in such nice quarters. It made you wonder how beautiful the noble's chambers are, or even Emperor Emhyr's were. You stripped down to your under things and climbed into the plush bed, relaxing quickly into the deepest sleep you've had in a while. 

Authors Note: I'm back!! 3 years is too long, I'm sorry, but I'll try to bring this story back to life like it deserves.