Chapter 5

While you were asleep, you had the oddest dream...

The fire was warm against you as you sat facing it, you were sewing together a new quilt for your bed. Things were different though, you were in a nicer home - it were larger, and the furniture wasn't suffering from any wood-rot. And you were finally happy again, thoughts of your late husband weren't haunting your thoughts and dreams anymore. And best of all, you have finally gotten a new man in your life. He was a wonderful man who treated you well, and like an equal, unlike most men who see you as a lesser. He was away from home often because his work required him to travel a lot. So every time that you saw him was just that little bit more special ... And passionate later

The door to the house opened behind you, you turned your head to see who it was. It was your man, you sat your sewing down and rushed to greet him. He was filthy and smelled of gods know what. But you didn't care, you readily embraced him anyways. He dropped his satchel and pulled you into his arms. You laid your head on his chest and enjoyed the moment. You looked up and your ___ colored eyes met his golden ones. He bent his head down and captured your soft lips with his slightly chapped ones. You brought your hand up to run your fingers through his soft, white hair.

You bolted upright in your bed. You just dreamt of kissing Geralt! Why the hell would your brain even come up with a dream like that?! He is a Witcher, you're a widow, it's not even a logical match! You quickly darted your eyes over to Geralt's sleeping form worried that you may have awoken him. You sighed with relief when you saw that you had not.

"What's wrong?" you flinched when you heard Geralt's voice. Looks like you did wake him.

"Ah... Its.. Nothing.. Just a bad dream." you lied.

"What was it about?" he asked.

"I was just dreaming about the kikimores." you continued to lie, there was no way that you could tell him the truth. You didn't want the rest of his time healing here to be awkward between you two.

"The dream won't come back, try going back to sleep."

You nodded even though he couldn't see it and you settled back down into the bed. You closed your eyes and tried to go back to sleep but your mind was racing with the memory of the dream. It was bizarre and concerned you.

By the time that the sun rose, you had decided to put some distance between yourself and Geralt. At least until you can sort bit this mess. You didn't want to drive away a possible friend.

The morning was awkward. You made sure to not to get too close and every time you did you only managed to accidentally bump into him. And each time you did, your heart jumped in your chest.

Maybe forcing him to stay was turning out to be a mistake. If you had let him go he could have just brewed himself one of those potions that Witchers use and he would have been out of your life, but now you've gotten yourself into a right mess. You'll have to come to terms with your own feelings eventually but for now you'll just try to pretend that everything is as it was. Until you can gauge what Geralt feels for you.

......

I am so sorry everyone! I didn't intend to be gone for so long. I didn't have wifi for a long time and then for a while only had a 3DS for internet and it wasn't  compatible with my account here. But now I have a smartphone. Hopefully you hadn't lost hope in me and I hope you enjoyed this newest update. I hope to update more often now. I should consider making myself a writing schedule...