Chapter 4

By the time Geralt awoke the next day you had the house mostly cleaned, except for a few lingering little things, but those can wait until later. He sat up and stretched a little, and you looked over and giggled at him, and shook your head.

He started trying to get up, and you rushed over to him. "Hey, you need to be careful on that leg, don't want your to tear the stitches, because I am sure that you don't want to have me sew the wound closed again... and I really don't want to do it again either."

You helped him over to a chair, and gently helped him lower into it. Then you made some breakfast for you both and sat next to him. You both ate in an uncomfortable, awkward silence. You didn't know what to say, and he seemed content with keeping the silence.

"So... what brings you to this part of Temeria?" You asked him, just trying to break the silence.

He looks over at you and was quiet for a minute, and you began to wonder if you asked something that you shouldn't have. But then he speaks. "I can't tell you, its against the code of the Witchers to speak about our work."

You nodded in understanding, "I understand... sorry that I asked, I was just curious."

"Its alright, people often ask me about my work, so you're not the first. " He says as he took a bite out of his food.

The morning passed by like that, with you two just sitting and talking. And after lunch you went back to straightening up the house.

Later that evening while you and Geralt ate dinner, you two talked some more.

You were curious about Witchers but you were also a little scared to ask, you didn't know if it was something that he couldn't talk about because of the Witcher's code.

"What's on your mind?" Geralt asked, because he noticed that you suddenly went quiet.

You flinched and looked at him startled because he broke you out of your thoughts, "Oh... It's nothing."

"You can tell me, if you want." He says.

"I was just... um... curious about you Witchers... but I was just kind of scared to ask." You said sheepishly.

"You can just ask, and I'll answer all that I can." He said to you.

You took a deep breath in and let it out, nervous. "Well... there is just so much that I want to know." You said.

His lips twitched up into a grin. "Just ask the first thing that gets in your mind."

"Hmm..." You thought about all the different things that you wanted to ask, there were just so many. "Okay... umm... What special things can Witchers do?"

Geralt's half smile turned into a real smile, he was glad that you were curious, be he was nervous that you'd end up judging and hating him after you learned more. "Our mutations end up providing us with enhanced reflexes, more speed, and more strength. We also have heightened senses, immunity to disease, and it allows us to consume some things that would otherwise be toxic to regular humans."

You nodded, and inside your admiration for him grew. "Are there any... bad affects from the mutations?"

"Yes, infertility." He stated flatly.

"Do you like being a Witcher?" You asked

He was quiet for a moment. "...I don't know. I never had the opportunity to be something else."

You nodded and thought. You felt bad for him, the man never got to choose what kind of life he wanted to lead. He was forced into this lifestyle.

You two talked a little bit more for the evening, and then you helped him to the bed and got in next to him.

Author's Notes: Okay, sorry guys that I'm late. School is starting soon for me, so things have been hell over here, trying to get things in order so I'll be ready for school. And once school starts I won't be around here much. But I wanted to thank everyone for being so supportive. All the comments and votes are making me so happy. Thank you! I don't own that image, I just found it on google, it belongs to its rightful owner.