7. She Still Won't Reveal

Her breath hitches in her throat upon his warm breath on her ear. She closes her eyes tightly, whispering,

"Sir please"

By her words, she begs him to stop teasing her. Feeling pity on her, smirking, he leaves her and takes a step back, but still stands close enough so she doesn't escape!

"I'm waiting for an answer Cadet...I mean Captain Singh"

He reminds her that she owes him an answer.

Getting back her equilibrium, she finally opens her eyes and looks towards him.

"Aap kyun janna chahte hain sir? Kya milega aapko mere fiancé ke baare mein jaan kar?"

She questions him

He keeps staring her.

"Really Naina?"

He asks out of amusement and continues further,

"Ye tum mujhse puch rahi ho? Kya ab mera itna bhi janne ka haq nahi banta? Kya ab mera itna bhi haq nahi hai tum par?"

Hurt evident in his voice. It hurts her as well but she cannot help it.

"Sir, please let me live in peace. It's my life, let me do whatever I want. I've moved on and so should you"

She knows her words are hurting him but she needs to do this. There is no way she can reveal Gunny's name to him as her fiancé. There is no way she can break Rajveer's and Gunny's friendship.

She has made a promise, she won't be so selfish, she won't leave Gunny when he helped her the most in her bad times.

Rajveer shuts his eyes out of pain. Knowing there is nothing left to say, Naina turns around to leave when she, again, feels a pull. Looking back, she finds her wrist in his hand.

"Ruko Naina"

Says Rajveer and soon comes in front of her

"Naina, mein itna selfish nahi hun ke apni khushi ke liye tumare relationships todun. Agar tum apni fiancé se sach mein pyaar karti hoti na toh yaqeen mano, mein kabhi tumhari taraf murh kar bhi nahi dekhta, tumhari khushi mein khush rehta..."

A lone of tear escapes from her eyes. She knows how much he loves her and so does she, but, she cannot be with him due to a reason.

She remains silent and waits for him to continue further.

Staring her, he takes a step towards her.

"Lekin mein janta hun ke tum iss jhootay bandhan mein kisi majboori ki wajah se ho or ye baat tumne baar baar mujhe prove ki hai. Tumhari mere liye concern, mere liye pyaar, Vidya ke naam se jealousy..."

Unable to hear the truth, Naina turns away and says,

"Aisa kuch bhi nahi hai sir. Please stop it"

Smiling, he twirls her towards him and says confidently,

"Sach toh yehi hai Naina or ye tum bhi janti ho or mein bhi"

He takes a pause and continues further,

"Or jabke mujhe pata hai ke tum iss rishtay se khush nahi ho, toh mein kisi bhi haal mein koi sacrifice nahi karne dunga"

Taking another step towards her, smirking, he whispers in her ear,

"Tum chaho ya na chaho but I will make you my wife soon and I promise you that!"

Saying so, he leaves from there smirking, leaving a shocked Naina behind. She knows her Rajveer sir too well - he does what he says. And somewhere deep down, this is exactly what she wants but denies.