CHAPTER | 5

*Mother day edition*

Well, that was awkward

Well, that was awkward. His mother is so unbelievable. Zane and I have been walking for 5 minutes straight and we still haven't reached HIS (air quotes) side of the house yet.

"Zane, when are we going to just stop walking around the house like that?" I asked quietly.

"Patience Vivian. Once we are through this door, we are going to stop walking around the house," he said pointing to a white door not too far from where we were.

After we went through the door I saw a huge living room joined up to a kitchen with a dining area in the middle of them. The walls of the room were a warm grey, the floors were marbled design and most of the bits and pieces here were white.

"Oh my gosh!! Zane! Zane! Are you home?!" a feminine voice shouted from afar.

"I'm here Molly!"Zane shouted back.

Then in a couple of seconds a short, kinda fat but beautiful woman came running. She was a red-haired and had lots of freckles, she even wore glasses as I did.

"Oh, brother! Zane," she said giving him a quick hug. "Today is mother's day and we totally forgot! Gosh, I'm freaking out. What are we going to give mom?"

"Oh gosh! I completely forgot too. I really don't know what we are going to give mom?" he said sweetly.

Gosh, his voice! It changed to a very high pitched and cute one. But I completely forgot about mother's day too. Not that I give my mom anything but........... I don't know. This year felt different.

"Ooooooo, I didn't see you there," Molly said looking at me. "Hi I'm Molly and you are?"

"Oh, hi, I'm Vivian," I said quietly and shyly.

"You are really beautiful," she said smiling at me.

What is everybody today and 'I am beautiful.' (Air quotes). Like for real, I'm I that beautiful?

"Thank you," I said sweetly.

"Um, I know this might sound rude of me to just use you like that but.............. do you have any idea of what we should do for our mom?" she asked.

I mean this was kinds rude to ask your guest to do something like that for you but with me, it's never rude.

"Um, well, I think this wasn't rude of you but the only thing I can think of right now is a cake. You can bake a cake for your mom and then tell your mother how you are very appreciative of her," I said quietly.

"You know what, that's a great idea! Thank you! thank you! thank you!" she said embracing me in a tight hug.

"Your welcome," I giggled at her childish behavior.