Imposters: Chapter Seven- Growing Worries

Start from the beginning

"Izuku is nothing like you! He wouldn't hurt me as you did!" 

Shouto soon realized his words as Inasa flinches. "Inasa, I-" Shouto didn't mean to remind him of their past. "I didn't mean it like that," Shouto tried to grab his friend, but Inasa was halfway out the door. "You're trusting a guy that you met for a day over a guy that you've known for years. You still think that low of me. I'm trying to be a better friend, Sho, but maybe we aren't supposed to be friends nor anything else," Inasa said. "Do whatever you want." Inasa walked out as Shouto stands there. He knew how much Inasa was trying to make amends to their past. Inasa was right. He trusts too quickly, without any doubt. Maybe that's his flaw. 

Shouto should've never said that. Inasa didn't deserve that. He had every right to worry about him, but Shouto shot him down. He didn't trust Shindo more than Inasa. Inasa and Shouto were trying to impair their friendship after the accident. Shouto sighed to himself. He decided that he was going to apologize to Inasa later. 

Shouto tried to focus on the reports, but his mind drifted towards Shindo. Inasa was wrong. He didn't trust Shindo. He knew something was off about him. He didn't want to judge Shindo so quickly, but if Shindo is planning something. He'll be ready. 

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Shouto needed to know if he could trust Shindo, but first, he needed to make amends to Inasa. He'll probably meet up with Izuku later and ask him what was bothering him. 

*****

Midoriya smiled, "You're so beautiful." He trailed his hand down Shouto's cheek. Shouto tried not to blush. Midoriya was allowed out of the hospital and was staying with Shouto. They were alone in Todoroki's apartment without any distractions. It's been a week since the accident. Dabi and Natsuo were busy planning Fuyumi's funeral. "Is something wrong?" Shouto's eyes met Midoriya's. Midoriya was worried about him. "You should be resting, Izuku," Shouto told him. He was trying to cook them dinner, but Midoriya found his way to the kitchen. 

"Nah, I wanted to look at my beautiful boyfriend," he purred against Shouto's ear. Shouto chuckles against his hold. Midoriya's hands trailed down his body as Shouto looks him in the eye. Shouto's hand trails to the small scar on Midoriya's cheek. Midoriya saw the look in Shouto's eyes. "I should get back to dinner," Shouto told him. Midoriya nods his head and steals a kiss from his lover. Shouto went back to making dinner as he was making katsudon. 

"Can I help with anything?" Shouto shakes his head. "Midoriya, the doctor said you should be resting," Shouto protested. "Shouto, you shouldn't worry. I'm okay," Midoriya said. Shouto stopped serving them. 

"Midoriya, I thought I was going to lose you. You got hurt," Shouto told him. Midoriya saw the slight tears in Shouto's eyes. "I don't want to lose you. I feel childish for worrying so much, but I can't help it. All for One tried to kill you. I feel like an idiot for trusting your plan. I was terrified," Shouto admits. Midoriya placed a hand on his cheek as he glances down. "I know, Shouto. I know somewhat of your past from Kacchan and Kirishima. I let you get caught. That bastard could've done anything to you, and all of that would've been my fault. My plan was reckless. I didn't know Giran was involved. I didn't know that he-" Midoriya stops himself when he felt the tears roll down his cheeks. 

"I didn't want to put you in any harm. I wanted to protect you. All for One wanted me dead. There was no reason for you to be caught in the crossfire. I wished my heart wouldn't love you because I'm not the one for you. You deserve better. God! YOU DESERVE THE WORLD!" The dinner was forgotten as Shouto watches the tears roll down Izuku's cheeks. "You don't deserve to be hurt. I want you to be happy and loved, not with me. I feel like that I'll hurt you. I wished that my heart didn't long for you. I wished that I could love someone else and let you go, but I can't. It sounds so stupid, but I want you. You're my joy and smile. I want to say I'll be happier without you, but that would be a lie. My heart belongs to you. I don't want to let you go, but you deserve so much better."