4: I WANT YOUR CONFESSION

Caroline: I sat at the table as I waited patiently for Klaus to get some ice. I have no idea why he went out of his way to look for ice as if I wouldn't have healed myself of the vervain burns in a matter of minutes. One of the perks of being a vampire I guess. I studied the room from the lavish drapes hanging from the window sills, all the way up to the chandelier that dangled from the ceiling. I could see my face reflecting upon each beautiful crystal that hung from above. The beacon of light that gave the room such a beautiful light, enough to light up an entire city. He walked into the room, not with ice, but a piece of paper that he gently placed in front of me. I look and read it. It was the note that had been in my pocket. He must have gotten it while he rescued me. 

"Well love it looks like you didn't stop by to do some sight seeing, so why don't you tell me what brings you here to New Orleans. " Klaus said

"Matt was killed," I started to say... "And apparently you're the reason why." 

He took a short pause and looked down at his feet. 

"Well aren't I always the reason for someone dying. I guess I'm easiest to blame. Why would I be the reason for your buddy's death? I haven't even stepped foot in your precious little town in months."

"According to Elena and Bonnie whoever did this, did it as a way of warning. They figured that by hurting me and taking away someone I care about, they could hurt you in the process." 

There was another pause, only much longer this time, and a sense of guilt started to appear on Klaus' face. This is the first time I ever saw him at a loss for words and I knew, he was searching in his brain for the right thing to say. 

"I'm sorry love. Your friend should have never died, especially not on my account. But I will make whoever was apart of this suffer. I will show them no mercy. I promise you." 

I believed him. The look in his eyes fueled with fire. He was ready to find the individual responsible and make them suffer for bringing me pain, and ending Matts life. 

"I know you will. And I'll be there to help you."

"No way. It's too dangerous. We have no idea which enemy is responsible and the last thing I need is to worry about your well being."

"Hey I can take care of myself. I don't need you to protect me."

"Sure because you protected yourself so well already."

"Hey no fair! He caught me off guard. I'm going with you, end of discussion Klaus." 

He saw the look in my eye; he heard the stern tone in my voice. He knew there was no way to convince me otherwise.

"Oh so strong headed. It's one of the many things I admire about you Caroline. Your ability to never take no for an answer."

We looked into each other eyes. My heart starting to beat rapidly. My face instantly turning red the deeper he gazed into my eyes. It was as if he were looking into my soul, seeing just how badly he had me wrapped around his little finger. I looked away quickly trying to remain focused on why I was here in the first place. I couldn't be distracted by Klaus and give into temptation, even if part of me wanted to.

"So when can we go look for the asshole who did this," I asked hoping to quickly change the subject and break the long stare between us two. 

"Don't worry I've already talked to my people and they are speaking to Bonnie and Elena to see if they have any other information about the person who did this. But while we wait I wanted to ask you something."

"Sure anything. What do you want to know?"

"Is Matt the only reason why you're here in New Orleans right now," the smirk starting to appear on his face again. His eye brow raised in curiosity of what my answer would be. 

"Of course, why else would I be here?" My heart feeling starting to feel heavy, knowing deep down Matt wasn't the only reason for my arrival. 

He started to move closer to me. Never once taking his eyes from mine. I stood up from my chair, and slowly started to back up until I found myself pinned up against the wall. He brushed my blonde hair from the face and tucked it gently behind my ear. His hands were soft and warm to the touch. He began to admire my face, brushing his fingers across my cheek, his eyes turning away from mine, lowering them so that they now became fixated on my lips. A small smile started to force as he inched closer and closer. 

Again my heart started racing immensely, the tension becoming intensified and heightened. His touch activating every atom of my body, making it difficult for me to resist the temptation.  His lips moving closer to mine, so close they were nearly on the verge of touching. I wanted to kiss him, to feel the softness of his lips that had once been placed upon mine ages ago. I found myself longing for that feeling once more. I wanted it so badly and I know he did too.

"I want your confession Caroline. What other reasons do you have for being in New Orleans?"

I found myself unable to speak. Choked up on the words that never seemed to leave my mouth. I looked at him not knowing what to say. 

All of a sudden there was a loud bang coming from the other room forcing us to separate, putting a hold on whatever moment we were having, and figure out what the hell was going on out there. 

"This conversation isn't over," he said to me before vanishing to the room with all the noise. 

"Can't wait," I said sarcastically trying to make sense of what had just transpired between us two. I followed him into the next room to see his brother Elijah frantically throwing objects across the room, looking for something of obvious value to him

"Where is it Niklaus?" he said angrily. He held Klaus by his neck, lifting him from the ground, strangling him until he almost turned purple. 

"What are you talking about?" Klaus asked weakly. 

"The pendant. Where is the pendant?! You were the last of us to have it and now it is gone. Where is it?"

"Brother I can assure you I do not have it. Tear the house down for all I care but you have my word it is no where here."

Elijah lowered Klaus throwing him to the ground in utter rage. 

"Well if you don't have it then who does?" 

All of a sudden a blonde woman appeared before all of our eyes. The shiny golden pendant in her hand, which she dangled as if it were her most prized possession. 

"Looking for this?" she asked

"Rebecca." Elijah and Klaus said in shock as their little sister stood before them 

"I believe we are in need of a family meeting. Let's have a little chat shall we?"