Day 2

April 9, 2019 - Tuesday

"Go now, Ayla." The teacher held her hand and escorted her to the middle of the stage.

"But I can't," She said with her soft, trembling voice and tried to pull herself back.

"You can." The teacher smiled and let go of her hand then slowly walked away from the stage.

Ayla was alone, She was sweating and her hands won't stop shaking.

She was nervous and afraid of all the eyes staring at her. She knew she couldn't do it but she tried.

"The... re... is... ahh.." She got more nervous and her voice shakes too much until she can't even say a word.

She ran away from the stage and cried to her teacher.

Before, Ayla was a shy student. She's really afraid of speaking in front of people.

After that moment she lost all her confidence and didn't want to try again. She refused all activities that involved public speaking.

She was scared.

Before.

But now she dominated the stage with her overflowing confidence and grace.

Everyone was caught with her performance.

This is not just for the school but also for herself.

The one that was once afraid is now fearless.

I knew she could do it. And she did.

She won the contest.

She won against herself.

She conquered her fear.

I was there and I'm happy to witness what she had achieved.

Everyone applauded when Ayla was announced as the winner of the declamation contest. She's filled with joy receiving the award.

I'm waiting for her and she sees me as she walks down the stairs. She opened her arms and hugged

Eris, the one that she loves.

It's so sweet, especially in front of me.

After that I greeted her and she thanked me with a high-five. Her parents approached our spot.