Walking outside i smile seeing him with the puppies, heading over to him i nod to him before i head off up the mountain. Walking for 30 minutes i stop before i look around seeing Mourning also stop as i whistle getting the puppies attention. Kneeling i move the snow aside revealing small drops of blood. Pointing down to the blood the puppies were already sniffing at it, i glance to Mourning.

Amari: Blood drops, old but fresh at the same time, they are nearly frozen.Too small to be blood from a doe so i would say a rabbit, maybe caught itself on a sharp rock or a thorn. Think it's worthwhile or should we leave it?

Mourning: We are here to train the puppies, we follow it and see if the pups will keep the scent.

Amari: Alright well im lucky i already taught them a few tricks.

Turning to the puppies again who stood staring at me, i smile softly look up as i stand up.

Amari: Hunt

With the command out, we watched as the puppies ran off in the direction of the scent. For only a few months old puppies, they were quick like we had to run nearly full pace to keep up with them, well for mourning it was a jog, for me it was a sprint.

Coming to a stop i watch as the pups circle around a rabbit hole growling. Smirking i give them the command to stop, i go to walk forward before Mourning stops me with a clawed hand.

Mourning: This is their hunt, not ours, let them finish it.

Nodding i whistle letting them go for the kill, i watched as two pups stood outside the borrow and one went in, barely fitting through the hole before a giant hare came shooting out limping as the one who went into the hole came running out after it only to be too late as the two that was at the top of the barrow had already caught the rabbit and killed it. Keeping my self from jumping for joy or screaming in happiness, i watched as they had their first taste of meat.

The rest of the day we spent tracker hunting small animals, everything from squirrels to rabbits. We even came across a bear cave where i nearly got severely wounded by the bear only to have Mourning take the hit before attacking the bear and having a small but epic duel. In the end, we came home with a huge bear and whole basket full of the animals the pups hunted.

Looking out from the kitchen window as i stirred the stew, i watched as the pups played with each other and Mourning sat cleaning the skull of the bear, his back still bleeding from the hit he took for me. Putting the spoon down i walk out the kitchen and too Mourning as i trace his shoulders before massaging them causing a soft purr to sound from him.

Amari: You and i both know we have to clean that wound and get it patched up before u even think on stepping inside my house because if u haven't noticed ur blood is like paint, its hard as fuck to get out of wood, in fact, it's hard to get out of any surface.

Chuckling i could feel Mourning shoulders bounce meaning he was silently laughing. Turning around i go to grab the first aid kit before i remember there was nothing in there. Groaning i turn to Mourning only to find he was removing the top piece of his armour while holding a jar full of a clear substance. Kneeling behind him, i look to him curiously.

Amari: What is that? Is it a type of medicine from your kind?

Mourning: Correct, it is also the same medicine i used to heal your arm.

Nodding i watched as he opened the jar before passing it to me, sighing as i could see he wanted me to do it, i dip my fingers in before i look to the wound before i lather it over the clan marks. Once done i handed it back to him before watching as it solidified and became hard.

Shaking my head i walk back inside cleaning my hands and under my nails of his blood, i swear it was like paint because even after washing my hands 6 times my hands were still slightly green. Giving up on getting my hands clean, i go back to the stew before i open the lid checking how cooked the meat was. Since Mourning liked nothing but meat i ended up making an all meat stew which actually turned out great but would have been better if there potatoes in it.

Once we were done with dinner we started cleaning the living the room, Mourning used his strength to haul out the damaged couch and table as i cleaned up the glass from the broken vase and lightbulb.

Amari: Hopefully Mister Wales can make another coffee table for me, don't know what i can do about the vase or couch though...

Sighing i look around for any more mess before i put away the dustpan and broom, sitting down on the carpet i put the tv on turning it the movie station as i wait for Mourning to come to sit by me before i move into his lap. Have to admit he was a good seat and very warm...

________________________________________________________________________________