The Great Hunter

Mourning Quiver Pov : 

The day before Mourning Quiver left for earth

Taking a hit to my shoulder, I counter-attack my mei-jadhi next attack before I grab her wrist and with all my strength flip her over to me, putting her in a headlock and only releasing when she signals she forfeit the spar.

Mourning: Mei-jadhi you have grown much stronger since our last meeting, I am Honoured to call u my Mei-jadhi.

Blade: Thank you Mei'hswei, I hear that u are to depart for the Ooman backwater planet to kv'var the Kiande Amedha.

Mourning: Sei-i Mei-jadhi, I leave for the planet in a few hours, but I wish to speak with you.

Blade: I see, let us move to more a more comfortable space Mei'hswei.

Leaving the Kehrite, I followed my Mei-jadhi to the Lounge. Turning to face my sister, I start to explain to her why I must depart for the backwater planet.

Mourning: There have been abnormal sightings of kiande amedha, father suspects that the hard meat has made a huge hive in one of the mountains on the backwater planet. If this is true I will hunt them down until not even the eggs will be left. If it is not true I am to hunt down the hard meats that are there and return home.

Blade: I wish strength and honour Brother, may Paya guide u on ur hunt.

Mourning: Thank you, sister.

Getting up I say goodbye to my sister before I walk out heading to my home. My sister, Blade Huntress is a very honourable Huntress with a Life Mate and is soon to have pups. We grew up together and were very inseparable, we did everything together until the day of our Chiva where I nearly lost her to hard meat.

A hard meat had snuck up behind her and had attacked her, catching her off guard, when I found her the hard meat was getting ready to end her life, posing its tail above her head. If I had been a few seconds late my sister would have not made it out the Chiva a blooded Huntress and would have instead met the Dark Hunter.

Walking into my home, I head straight for my room to begin packing for the trip. If the information is true then I will on the backwater planet longer but if not then I will only remain for a few moons. Checking that each of my weapons is functioning, I head for my space ship I would not be travelling to the Ooman homeworld with others so I will use my ship for this trip.

Unlocking the ship I walk up the ramp and walk over to the control panel checking the ship is in full function before I close the ramp and prepare to take off. Leaving Yautja Prime, I set the navigation for the Ooman backwater planet before I leave the control deck to clean my armour and weapons again while I wait for the ship to arrive at my destination.

As I cleaned and polished my armour I remembered the many times my mother would have to teach to me, I was not bad pup or would I lose focus or forget, I just used the wrong polish each time but I wasn't the only one my sister had trouble as well but the day did it together and swopped polishes was the day we got it right. I remember the giant purr that came from my mother and the big feast we had since learning to polish correctly was the last thing we needed to learn before partake in the Chiva.

After many hours of polishing and cleaning my armour and weapons, I finally sat the polish down and walked over to the control panel to see I was nearly there. Sitting in the pilot seat I take control of the ship and prepare to land. Landing in a clearing I activate the cloak over the ship and look over the mission once more, I was not happy to be hunting in the cold. Even with the netting of my armour been temperature heated I still disliked it.

Checking my weapons once more I walked off the ramp and into the forest around me, activating my cloaked I jumped into the trees silently and started looking around. There were not many preys to hunt but the area to where I landed was very dense in the forest which wound provide great spots to set up traps.

Taking the day to look around the area and put down traps I head back to my ship for the night. Walking to my ship I quickly jump into a tree and look around ....there was a scent in the air around my ship and the scent was not of animal but another yautja. Opening the ramp to my ship I walk in and head straight to the communications panel to message my father to see if there were other yautja hunting on the Backwater planet.

Once the message was sent, I walked out onto the ramp of my ship and looked into the forest clicking between different visual settings to see if I would catch anything only to see nothing. Closing the ramp I settle for the night wondering who was around my ship while I was gone, closing my eyes I fall asleep.

______________________________________________________________________________