The Ferris Wheel

Bam's POV

The day was awesome so far. We cleared out most of the rides, and I had a lot of fun. I got closer to everyone, not just Khun and Rak.

"Let's grab some ice cream," Endorsi decided, leading everyone to a nearby shop. We all paid for our ice cream then walked out.

"Khun, you didn't order any?" I asked him.

"Yeah... not really a fan of sweets," he shrugged.

Rak suddenly dropped his banana-flavored ice cream. "DAMMIT," he groaned in frustration.

"Rak, take mine," I said, giving him my cookie and cream flavored ice cream. "I didn't touch it yet, so you can have it."

"Thanks, Black Turtle!" he smiled then took it. I smiled back to see how happy he looked.

Khun whacked the back of Rak's head. "Clean up your mess first, idiot!"

"I will! Just let me finish my ice cream first."

Khun rolled his eyes then looked at me. "I'll buy you another ice cream," he offered.

"No, no, it's fine," I said, stopping him. He stared at me then I smiled. "Thanks, though."

"You're too nice."

I chuckled. "... You think?"

"You are," he said. "You're selfless, and I really admire that about you. I'm a selfish person."

"That's not true," I frowned.

"Think whatever you want. I always only think about myself," he shrugged again. "Will I have an advantage if I helped him? Will I have what I want in the future if I do this?"

"Khun..."

"But you won't hesitate to help others, even if you're at a disadvantage," he smiled. "Just so you know, you can be selfish around me anytime."

I couldn't help but smile. "Thanks."

"We're best friends, aren't we?"

"Of course!" I beamed.

"Hey! You guys!" Endorsi called to us. "They're having fireworks soon! Let's all watch it together before we go!"

"Perfect!" Shibisu agreed.

"I can't wait!" I nodded.

We caught up with the group then started heading to our next destination. I stopped walking when I heard a little girl crying. She probably tripped over herself, because she was on the ground.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked, gently helping her up.

She cried harder. "I lost Mommy!"

"Where's the last place you saw her? I'll help you find her," I said, patting her head.

I offered her my hand and she took it. I slightly squeezed her tiny hand to let her know it's okay. I looked back at my group of friends to see them gone. I guess I'll call them later to find them again.

"That's her!" the little girl said then ran towards a woman.

"Did you help her find me? Thank you so much!" she said giving me a quick bow.

"I-It's fine! Now that she's safe, I'll get going," I said, awkwardly giving her back a bow. I waved goodbye to the little girl then walked away. I stopped walking when I realized I didn't know where to go.

Great. Now I'm lost.

I took my phone out to call Khun and the others, only to find out it had already ran out of battery.