"I have no idea. I can't seem to keep anything in my tummy."

"Since when did this start?

"Three days ago, I felt very hungry, tired and dizzy. Just when I ate I started to puke and haven't stopped till now"

"So what do you think it is?"

Edna asked with a bright smile on her face. I stared at her confused because here I was sick and weary and she sat back smiling as if my pain doesn't exist.

"I think it's the food I ate from that restaurant. I might have eaten something I'm allergic to or it's simply food poisoning. I am never going to eat there ever again. Too bad their food is super delicious." I said but inwardly craving their food.

The smile on her face grew wider confusing me the more

"What is it with you and that silly smile on your face? I am facing something I don't even know and you sit there smiling as if I am your lover you have not seen in years."

"OMG! she is going to have a baby. Yessss! She is going to have a baby, she is going to have a baby, my baby is going to have a baby. laa la la laa la."

She sang, her words not making sense to me. I stared at her as if she had grown another head.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?

"You are behaving weird that's why."

"Come one girl, don't tell me you still don't understand."

"Understand what? you are making me anxious."

"YOU ARE PREGNANT EMMY."

"You are going to have a baby, you are going to have a baby, laa la la laa la"

"What! that can't be.But how come? how is that even possible? No I can't be pregnant no! no!"

"Why can't it be. Did you use protection the last time you fucked?"

"Edna that was nearly two weeks ago."

"uh uh did you protect yourself?"

"Oh no! How can I be so heedless.

"I agree you were inattentive but what are you going to do now?"

"Eddy, I don't think I want this baby. It will be a constant reminder of my shameful act. I think I will hrmm hrmmm A-ab-abort it."

"Jesus Christ! don't you ever repeat that again. Besides it's not confirmed yet. I only told you because of the symptoms you have but even if you are truly pregnant I am not going to allow you terminate it. I am not going to allow you to be a murderer and at least my niece or nephew deserves to live. It's not it's fault that you were careless. I am sorry but if it turns out positive I am going to let you dance to the tune you played. There is no way on earth you are going to harm such a blessing."

"This ain't a blessing. It's a curse."

"That's where you are wrong, it's a blessing in disguise: every baby is."

"Not mine. I was planning on furthering my education and now I might probably be pregnant."

"I was planning the same when I got pregnant."

"But you are married. That's a huge difference between us."

"So will you . I have faith that you will meet your Mr.Right and get married soon. So get that ass of yours to the nearest pharmacy and get a kit so we can stop talking based on what ifs."

"It might even turn out that you are just tired or you ate something bad."

I relaxed a little bit, what she said igniting hope within me. There was this tiny bit of me that was hoping that her speculation wasn't true.