The Morning After

Brendon woke up the next morning feeling more refreshed than he's ever had before. He stretched his body over the covers before rubbing the sleep away from his eyes. He blinked his eyes open, immediately noticing the room decorations that did not belong to him.

He sat up in the bed and turned to the empty spot next to him. He scanned the empty room, head tilted in confusion. He ran a hand through his tangled hair and climbed out of bed.

He pulled on his pants and threw on one of Ryan's hoodies that was tossed over a chair. He slipped into his shoes and walked out the room.

"Ryan?" He creeped down the hallway.

"Good morning Brendon." The young boy jumped at the sound of Ryan's dad's voice.

"Oh!" His heart immediately picked up speed. "Good morning Mr. Ross." He shook his head a few times quickly. "I-I mean G-George." The older man smiled as Brendon stared awkwardly at his feet.

"Ryan had to go in for a last minute practice." Brendon nodded.

"I should probably," he cut off and scratched the back of his neck. "I should probably head home."

"Actually." Brendon pulled his bottom lip between his teeth and chewed nervously. "Ryan asked me to keep you here until he gets back."

How long would that be? Hours maybe? Could he stand being alone with his crush's father that long? Hell, he'd probably die from stress overload and overthinking.

"I um... I have to get home cause uh... my mom.. she wants.. she doesn't want me to stay out too long." He peaked up and saw Geroge with a knowing smirk.

"I'm sure Ryan will be very disappointed that you won't be here when he gets back." Brendon's face burned at the thought of Ryan upset and pouting when he found out Brendon wasn't waiting for him. George let out an exaggerated sigh. "But I understand. He'll just have to deal with it."

Brendon was about to suggest he could wait around for a little bit until he felt his phone buzzed in his pocket. The vibration spiked up his anxiety.

"Maybe come around some other time. It was nice to see Ryan bring a friend over and having a good time." Brendon nodded.

"Thank you for letting me come over." He shuffled in his spot for a moment before jutting his thumb to the door. "I should go now. Bye Mr. Ross." George said a final goodbye before Brendon rushed out the house.

He managed to make it a few houses down the street before letting out an excited squeal. Holy crap! He just spend the night in Ryan Ross's arms!

His phone when off again and he pulled it out, seeing two text messages from Pete.

~~~

Pete: hey wanna hang out after my practice? I need to be around someone who isn't gushing over the "most amazing night with the most amazing person"

Delivered 10:24am

Pete: you don't text Ross anymore right? Not after what happened

Read 10:28am

Pete: hey where were you last night?

Read 10:32am

Brendon: yeah sure let's hang out when's practice over?

Pete: ...Brendon...

Brendon: Pete...

Pete: what were you doing last night?

Brendon: watching movies wbu?

Pete: with who?

Brendon: why do you think it's with someone?

Pete: Brendon

Brendon: with Ryan...

Pete: YOU'RE TALKING TO HIM AGAIN!!!

Brendon: yeah...

Pete: what the fuck is wrong with you

Pete: you know what he did!!!

Pete: he fucking hurt you!!!

Brendon: it wasn't him though and he didn't want to hurt me

Pete: how do you know it wasn't him? He's just using you

Brendon: no he's not... he's actually really sweet and caring and I had a lot of fun last night...

Pete: did you have sex with him??? I swear to god if you did I will murder you both!!!

Brendon: No! We didn't we just cuddled...

Pete: Brendon I thought you were smarter than to get close to that boy again

Brendon: I really like him Pete..

Brendon: and I think he likes me too...

Pete: I don't want you talking to him

Brendon: be reasonable won't you

Pete: I will not risk you getting heartbroken over some fuckboy understand

Brendon: I think I'm old enough to make my own decisions

Pete: fine if you wanna talk to him don't come crying to me when you realize he's just playing you

Brendon: what are you saying

Pete: I'm saying if you're talking to him then don't bother talking to me

Brendon: Pete...

Pete: I fucking mean it and don't expect my sympathy when you see how big of an asshole he is

Brendon: you don't mean that

Read 10:41am

Brendon: Pete please

Read 10:42am

Brendon: you can't leave me

Read 10:42am

Brendon: please... you're my only friend...

Read 10:46am

---

A/N:

Thoughts on the non texting parts the past few chapters?

𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑡, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑦 ❤
~𝐽𝑎𝑦