[3] Tutoring

Oikawa guessed that you've probably never had a serious relationship before. Maybe you were hurt in the past. Whatever it might be, he was going to find out.

The next day, you had a few of your classmates ask about what Oikawa had said to you. You just shrugged them off despite their constant asking.

"[F/N]! Sit with us at lunch today," Matsukawa commanded, somehow in front of your classroom right after fourth period.

You lowered your plate of food. "But I-"

"You usually sit with a bunch of girls that don't even know your name. Just come with your actual friends for once."

You sighed, defeated. You followed him to his table where Hanamaki and Iwaizumi from practice were waiting.

"Oh, it's you!" Hanamaki pointed.

Iwaizumi smiled softly at your frantic wave.

"He forced me," you explained. "Don't worry, I won't bother you guys."

"We bother each other all day, it's nothing new," Matsukawa said, ruffling your hair.

You growled at him as he laughed at the nest he created.

You slowly ate the mediocre school food, wanting an excuse to stay quiet as the boys made jokes and laughed, completely ignoring their own food.

Once they saw that you had finished your food, Matsukawa immediately began speaking to you.

"So, how are things going with Oikawa?"

Iwaizumi huffed and Hanamaki leaned in a bit to hear with a smirk.

"Uh, well, it's ok?" You wiped your hands with a napkin. "He's gonna tutor me so I can get higher grades.. then I'll be able to see you guys at practice more, so that's cool."

"And you're just gonna skip over the hook up part?" Hanamaki asked.

"Hook up?" You blinked. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

They all looked at each other. "Wait, Oikawa lied about hooking up with someone?" Hanamaki chuckled nervously.

You clenched your fists on the edge of the table. "He said what?"

"Well, he didn't actually say it, but he didn't exactly deny it when I asked either," Matsukawa said.

Exactly what Oikawa was waiting for.

"He just asked me out, that's all!" you exclaimed. "I said no, but-"

"But you wouldn't be opposed to the idea if you got a bit closer?"

You sighed deeply. "His reputation is kind of.. concerning..."

"Oh please. The guy has a bunch of girls after him, but he doesn't just flip through them like a hobby. He's been single most of his life."

You hummed in thought. Maybe he wasn't the player you made him out to be. Maybe he didn't deserve the rejection..

"I thought he just asked me out to get in my pants and replace me with a prettier fan of his."

"He's not that much of a dumbass," Iwaizumi said.

"Besides, if he did that shit, he'd have something coming to him."

You laughed. Maybe you could get used to this. And maybe you can give Oikawa a chance... if you could overlook the fact that he didn't deny the hook up allegation.

Speaking of, where was Oikawa?

-----

The setter saw you laughing with Matsukawa, Iwaizumi and Hanamaki... nothing he couldn't brush off.