"You sound good, dude."

With a snort, she dismisses my comment, fixing the little sequin she stuck to my face per my request.

"I mean it," I say this a little louder than I intend to, a little disappointed that she doesn't agree.

Maybe I only got a taste of her sweet, sweet singing voice, but that seemed to be enough to have me hooked. I want more.

"Just sing a tiny bit louder?" I suggest and she rolls her eyes.

I frown when I think she's not going to listen to what I said and stop altogether, but after a moment, a slightly louder version of her murmured singing makes my heart speed up. It's weird how calming I find her voice while my heart is beating out of my damn chest.

The control she has over her voice is startling. It's so apparent and she obviously doesn't think it's anything special, while I'm sitting in front of her tripping absolute balls.

I want to compliment her to death, but instead, I just watch her with an amazed smile, still in awe of her.

She sticks the last gem to my face before taking in my expression, smiling a little at the realization.

"What?" She asks quietly, obviously a little shy now.

Instead of answering her, I shake my head and gesture for the basket. Another second passes before she finally reaches inside and pulls out a hair tie. She ventures around the couch instead of asking me to turn and before I know it, I feel her hands in my hair.

"So soft." She mumbles and I let out a small noise that makes her giggle. "I agree. This is rather enjoyable.

I hum softly, tipping my head back as she just plays with my hair for a little while. I nearly groan out loud when I no longer feel her fingers raking through my hair. They're back before I get the chance to further complain inwardly.

"I really like how long your hair is." She confesses, tucking a few loose pieces behind my ears when she's standing in front of me. "It's not super long, but also not that short. And the layers look really nice."

"Thank you," I say, trying not to let myself get so giddy over the small compliment.

She takes a seat next to me after a moment, grabbing one of the eyeshadow palettes and opening it. Revealing a small rectangular mirror, she hands it to me. I frown, confused before I finally realize that she wants me to look at how she's done.

And when I see what she's done, I gape back at my reflection. It's so fucking good. I think back to everything she had done. How she drags the brushes softly along my skin, how she blew away access powder or whatever. Everything. It all made this. I look so pretty.

"Wow," I mumble, turning my face side to side. "I love the blush, and the liner and the... everything. You made me look so pretty."

"I just worked with what's already there."

I smile at her compliment. I wonder if she could teach me how to do this.

"You want to make the bracelets now?"

"Yeah, that sounds f-"

She's cut off by her phone ringing. Pulling her phone out of her pocket, she swipes before pressing it to her ear. She holds up a single finger to me as she leaves the room, heading to her own.

Summer doesn't shut the door all the way, so I call after her that she didn't and she gives me a thumbs-up before shutting it.

The walls are thin, though, so I can still hear what she's saying. I don't mean to eavesdrop, but I do.