"Isn't that the girl JB?" Pope nudged him.

"Y-yeah. Yeah it is."

She looked a lot healthier and, well, less dead. A square patch of gauze was taped to her forehead over her gash, yet other than that she didn't look like a castaway.

John B's dad wrapped his arm around the girl and guided her round and up the porch. All four kids quickly flipped around and tried to act casual. The door opened next and Mr Routledge and the girl walked inside.

Big John smiled at the kids, stopping on his son for a second. "Hey guys."

A chorus of greetings followed. JJ spoke first. "I don't mean to be rude or overstep, but what is she doing here."

Mr Routledge looked down at the girl who kept a placid face and placed his hands on her shoulders. "Guys I want you to meet Harley Rain Routledge."

John B's jaw dropped.

JJ laughed and slapped John B's shoulder. "You gave your cousin mouth to mouth dude!"

"She's not a blood cousin, JJ" Mr Routledge gave the blonde a side look. "Harley will be staying here for the next couple of days until DCS can get out here. So, until then, we'll treat her like family."

The group wasn't as shocked as they were a moment ago when they thought Harley was John B's relative. It would have made a bit more sense as to why she had ended up on Routledge land. The situation wasn't exactly normal, but the group were used to abnormal circumstances.

Harley looked around at all of the faces. The girl on the end with a purple headband was staring at John B as if waiting for a reaction. She was super pretty with wavy hair tied up away from her caramel shoulders. The blonde boy beside her had the most expressive reaction. His blue eyes glimmered with surprise, meanwhile his lips quirked to a calculating smirk. His hands were on his head and he looked directly at Harley.

She looked away quickly. The boy beside him burned holes into the coffee table with his saucer sized eyes. Harley couldn't see much of his face, but it was clear as day that his brown skin had the most perfect complexion.

On the end, Harley's eyes landed to the boy that would be her temporary brother of sorts, the same boy that had saved her life. His expressions was now kind of unreadable. His longish brown hair was pushed back by his hat keeping his eyes in view. They went from his dad to the silent, awkward girl.

"John B, can I talk to you for a sec? Just about the arrangements."

The boy nodded silently and got up. Big John ushered Harley to the empty sofa. "We'll only be a second. Make yourself comfortable."

Harley watched John and his son move towards the hall just out of sight. Her posture was stiff and awkward as she waited anxiously for John to return. He was the only person she felt fairly comfortable with at the moment. Although, she had only really been around nurses, doctors, a sheriff and her deputy.

She could feel eyes burning into the side of her face. She glanced over making eye contact with the blonde boy first, since he was practically falling off his seat whilst watching her. The other two were staring but not as intensely. Harley chewed on her lip and looked away.

Kiara slapped JJ's shoulder with a stern glare. He flinched away with a dramatic look. "You're making her uncomfortable," Kie murmured below her breath and nodded towards Harley who was rubbing her wrist and chewing her lip.

JJ glanced back at her and took her in.

Similar to John B, Harley had a faint splash of freckles scattered below her hazel eyes and over her nose. Her dark hair framed her face and tumbled over her shoulders.