"Ty, it's okay."

"He's a rogue, Rafe. We don't know that he isn't one of them."

I felt the Alpha's eyes on me.

"What's your name?"

"Jared Rolten, Sir."

"Why are you a rogue, Jared?"

"I moved here with my family not long ago. Though I've never really been part of a pack exactly. I was turned two years ago by a merciless Alpha, bitten against my will and left. When he came back, he expected me to join him and I wanted nothing to do with his group. He had threatened my family, but I couldn't subject them to this life, they don't know anything about this world and I wanted to keep it that way." I gave the Alpha the rest of my story up until we moved and how I preferred to keep to myself.

"What do you mean you were bitten?" Rafe asked confused. "How does your family not know of our kind?"

My brow rose slightly. "I was human until two years ago when I was bitten by a werewolf."

"I don't understand this world and their...humans," he said to Ty. I turned just in time to see the Beta shaking his head.

I just gave him a confused look. I had no idea what he was talking about or where he was going with any of this.

"I'm not from this world. My Luna and I have been hunting down a group of rogues from my world. We had been informed that a witch had given them passage here and my Beta and I have been after them."

There was another world, another world with werewolves. By that point, I was fairly certain we were both completely confused, and it seemed as if Rafe agreed. He changed suddenly, focusing back on me.

"I'm sorry to hear about the poor situation you had left, but why have you come to me? Are you looking for a new pack?"

"Actually I'm not. I would prefer being on my own, I think it's safer that way." I really didn't want to go into why it was safer exactly. I just hoped he took my word for it. "I was just wondering if you could help me. I know that you're powerful. I can feel it."

"What do you need help with?"

"I need help controlling my wolf."

"I thought the Alpha who'd turned you helped you with that."

"He had, and the method had been working well. But I recently found my mate and when I'm around her I can't seem to keep it contained. She's human and I've already slipped up a few times. I need to prevent it from happening again. I don't want to freak her out." Freak her out meaning I preferred breathing and I didn't want her to kill me. I remembered a time when my biggest fear had actually been that Electra would run away screaming because she would be scared of me. I wasn't entirely sure which outcome would have been worse, that or what I actually got.

He nodded and looked me over. Rafe's hand reached out and touched my shoulder and I immediately felt my wolf shrink down, giving submitting to his dominance.

"The basics are the same as you've learned. Call your wolf to the surface, but don't let it take control." Rafe took his hand off and I concentrated on what he had said.

Did he want me to do it right that moment though? We were in a bar, one that also had humans. There were so many different things that could go wrong if I called my wolf to the surface. Was this man prepared to handle those?

"Stop thinking and just do it," Rafe's commanding voice said. I found myself listening to him without even trying, and I slowly felt the familiarity of my wolf moving up to the surface. I felt the sting just under my nails where the claws wanted to come out, the burning in my gums and the animalistic instincts lurking just beneath, wanting to take me over. It was like it wasn't even me calling to the wolf, more like Rafe was the one calling the beast out, coaxing it with his authority. He wasn't even my Alpha, and yet he had that type of control over me.