Chapter 6: Under Attack

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, a greyhound had jumped on top of the bed and was growling at Bunny.

"No stop, that's the Easter Bunny! What are you doing, Abby? Down!" Jamie ordered and tried to pull the dog away from its red lease.

"Alright, nobody panic," Bunny told them but sounded more as if he was saying it to himself.

"But that's a Uhm, that's a greyhound. Do you know what greyhounds do to rabbits?" Jack asked.

"Well, I think it's a pretty safe bet he's never met a rabbit-like me. *Sandy preps a ball of Dream-sand* Six-foot-one, nerves of steel, Master of Tai Chi, and-" Jack smirked and hit Jamie's alarm clock with his staff, startling Abby the Greyhound. "Crikee! Ahh!" the Easter Bunny shouted and took off, bouncing around the room with the dog hot on its tail.

"Stop! Wait! Slow down!" Jamie ordered as he tried to help.

"Sandy!" Thanatos hissed, seeing him taking too long to throw the ball.

The more the situation was going on, the more noise they would make. Sandman launched the ball and aimed for the dog, but the animal managed to avoid it and Tooth was hit instead. She fell on the floor, curling into a fetal position while teeth made from dream sand danced around her head.

"This thing's rabid! Get this dingo off me!" Bunny shouted as another dream ball was thrown and hit him instead, causing him to fall asleep and dream of carrots. Thanatos rolled her eyes at the drama and felt the need to just leave when the dog was hit by a dream ball and fell asleep, bones being seen in its dream.

Sandy aimed a ball at Jamie but North appeared at the wrong time and took the hit instead, falling on the bed while dreaming of candy canes. Jamie flew up but Sandy caught him and then moved his head little forward, allowing some dream dust to land on the kid's face.

Jamie fell asleep and the Guardian placed him gently on the bed.

"Whoops," Jack said and chuckled as he noticed almost everyone on the ground but him, Thanatos and Sandy. Suddenly, the carrots from Bunny's dream came in contact with the candy canes and a new thing appeared. Now the carrot had legs and hands and was swinging the cane around in a small dance. "Oh I really wish I had a camera right now"

Sandy and Thanatos gave him a sidelong glance before they all sense a nightmare. The dark horse brayed from the window and Jack was the first to jump onto the windowsill before flying outside in pursuit of Pitch's minion.

"Sandy, Thanatos, come on! We can find Pitch!" he said, and she followed him quickly while Sandy cautiously stepped over his sleeping comrades, then decided to follow Jack.

---------------------------------------------------- ------------

The night was still young as our 3 heroes were flying the streets of Burgess, well the two were flying as Thanatos jumped from rooftop to rooftop with exceptional skills. Jack was the most excited while the chase after the Nightmare.

"Yes! Whoo-hoo-hoo! Whoo!" he exclaimed.

Thanatos narrowed her eyes as she was suddenly consumed by the shadows and appeared at the rooftop just as one of the three nightmares passed by. With a swing of her scythe, she destroyed the horse into mere black sand and felt an odd satisfaction to destroy something Pitch had created.

At the same time, Sandy approached the second nightmare and jumped on its back, catching it by surprise. His tiny hand touched the creature and was quickly transformed into a Manta-ray made by golden sand.

Jack had already left the duo in pursuit of the third nightmare. He ran into an alley and then shot ice on the creature which was running on the rooftop.