10. Anything for you

Wendy ❤️:

I was pacing around the room, not even knowing how long I've been stuck in this house for. I don't remember how the sun feels on my skin. Peter hasn't even checked up on me in days. No one has.

I'm becoming more and more scared staying here any longer. I don't think that's how love is supposed to feel but how would I know, right?

"Wendy," Peter finally shows up and I couldn't help but give him a hug because of how alone I felt and how much I could miss someone's presence.

"What's going on Peter?" I ask him, "just tell me the truth, please."

He sighs, as if not wanting to tell me, "we're under attacked,"

"By who?"

"Your family,"

I looked at him in shock. My family was here? I don't even remember them. Were they looking for me this entire time?

"Are they looking for me?"

"They're looking Henry, the boy you were with,"

"Oh," I mumble in disappointment, but they were here I could meet them, they could meet us, "Just let me talk to them."

"You seriously think they care?"

"And you do? You took my memory."

"You really aren't letting that go," he scoffs, "you want the truth? They don't care about you, I do. We are all here for you and yet you want to abandon us."

"That's not true, I just-"

"What? You're just like them, you'll leave us in the dirt like that."

"I would never do that,"

"Then help us. Help me," he says comes closer to my face.

"All I ever do is help," I say, not letting him get any closer, "I want to meet them, please."

"Fine," he sighs angrily, "you didn't even ask me why I erased your memories."

It was true but a part of me didn't want to know. I want to think Peter made that decision for himself but hearing that I asked for it just hurts me.

"I-"

"Come along," he grabs my arms and I scrunched eyebrows due to how hard he was grabbing me but he notices and loosens his grip on me.

As we made it outside, it was already dark and raining. It felt good feeling the water on my skin and I don't even remember the last time I bathed which sounds really gross I know.

We began walking but farther and farther from the camp. And I kind of began to grow scared.

The rain felt like it was growing stronger and stronger. Peter pulls out his knife as he was cutting branches that were getting in the way.

"Why did I ask you to do it?" I ask but he lets go my arm and continues to walk, "weren't you scared?"

"Why would I be scared?" He questions, laughing a little at that question,"I'm not scared of anything."

"I loved you didn't I?"

"Ouch," he grabs his chest pretending it hurt that I said it in past tense but his eyes said something different.