9. How could I ever?

Wendy:

I hate him. I hate him so much. I try so hard to repeat that to myself but whenever I look at him I immediately fall for him again. Seeing him makes me sick to my stomach. And I'm not sure if it's because of butterflies or because I'm sick of his actions.

I don't even know if I should trust him. I asked for my memories to be erased? How can I ask such a thing. I could never. Memories are too important. People are. No matter how bad of a state I was in, I know for a fact I would never ask for that.

I marched into camp, and Peter tries to speak to me but I walk away from him, not wanting to see his face. I see Felix not too far away and I run to him. But I can tell he was trying to avoid me.

"Did you know?" I ask him, as he continues moving forward, "Felix. Please, answer me. Felix!"

I hear him sigh and he turns around, "know what."

Why is he playing dumb? "You know Why."

He lets out a heavy exhale, "look I'm sorry Wendy. We were just trying to protect you."

"Protect me? He erased my memories!" I exclaimed and Felix just panics, hushing me.

"It's not his fault! You asked for them to be erased!" He yells back at me, shaking his head, "he didn't want to do it. So, please, just stop finding reasons to hate him."

And with that he walks away. Leaving me there to contemplate everything. Am I really that weak? What has happened to me to make me want to forget? Now the only person I hate is myself for being such a baby and being angry at Peter.

I enter my tent and just sat there. You can hear Milo playing music outside and people laughing. For the first time, I'm not out there dancing. I'm just here in my tent. Alone. No wonder why I'm so dumb, right? Because my memories are just gone and I have no sense of what's real. No or maybe I'm just dumb even without them.

Stop being so selfish, Wendy! My priority right now should be Devin. I need him to be safe. He's my friend. I don't have time to wallow in pain, right? I need to be strong.

I get out of the tent and I being searching for Peter. People were giving me weird looks and some were thinking I was going to dance but I don't have time for that. I need to focus on someone important to me.

I spot Felix, but he still looks bothered and annoyed. He's probably still upset with me that I would think Peter is a liar. I swear that man probably has a shrine of Peter. He looks up to him too much. Felix is a great person but he doesn't have to become like him. He can think for himself.

There. I see Peter. The great Peter Pan. He leaning against a tree and staring off into space or probably death glaring at some innocent kid like he always does.

"Peter! Peter!" I call after him, but he seemed taken back. He looks around frantically, trying to find me.

I wave at him as I being running over to him, but he seems to be so distracted by something else. He begins to walk over to me, stopping me by grabbing my waist.

"Are you okay, Peter?" I ask him, as he looks back for a second but grabs my hand, trying to take me somewhere else.

"Yes, I'm fine. Let's go." He orders, but I take one glance in the corner of my eye. There was a boy with brown hair and with a flannel shirt on. He looks young and small. I swear I've seen him before. He looks like someone I know. But I was taken abruptly by Peter. Not seeing the boys' face for too long.

Peter takes me into his tent and just pushes me in there and looks at me in disappointment.

"I just want to say, I'm sorry." I tell him as he just nods, not saying a word, "Peter, I'm genuinely sorry."

"You don't hate me?" He asks, not meeting my eyes. Seeing him so vulnerable, makes me want to kiss him or hug him.

"How could I ever hate you?" I question, as I try to reach for his hand but he just dodges it.

I scratch my neck, nervously, "Wheres Devin?"

"He's with the rest of the children. Somewhere." He gives me such a vague answer that I just give him a confused look.

"Well where is he?"

"He's doing something important for me right now. So I would appreciate it if you would stay out of my way."

I was taken back by his sudden answer and I just bite my lip, preventing myself from saying something that could hurt.

"Is it because of that new boy?" I ask him and he just looks at me with wide eyes.

"Don't speak to him. I can't have you or him together."

"Why not?"

"Because?"

"Because I said so"

"Why can't you just-"

"Wendy! Please! This is very serious to me and it would mean a lot if you just stopped bothering me." He claims, giving me the dirtiest look ever.

"Peter, I-"

He walks away, not even giving me time to say a word back or to even apologize. What is his deal? If he would've told me what was going on then yes maybe I would listen. But am I going to? Of course not.

I walked outside, seeing Peter speak to Felix and Milo. I spotted the boy who sitting next to a tree all alone. We both suddenly made eye contact which scared me. I looked away first but he continues staring at me. But then his frown turns into a smile and he waves at me.

I couldn't help but smile back. He gestures for me to go over there, but I look over at Peter who just continues to speak to Felix and Milo. I walked past them and just sat next to the boy.

"Hi" he speaks up, still smiling at me.

"Hello, I'm Wendy." I introduce myself to him and he just nods as if he knows who I am.

"I'm Henry." He answers, playing with the dirt and leaves, "You look familiar."

"I do?" I question, that one saying almost gives me a glimmer of hope, "how?"

"You're Wendy Darling, aren't you?" He asks, as if I knew exactly who I was but hearing that name... it almost sounds fitting.

"Who?" I ask, almost begging for him to continue.

"You were an orphan, but the Darlings adopted you. You're the oldest and you have siblings. But you were trying to find-"

"Wendy?!" I hear Peter exclaim, his shadow coming near us, "I told you to not speak to him."

"I know but-"

"Take Henry away." He orders Felix who accepted the order quickly not bothering to question it or not.

"Are you serious, Peter? I just wanted to make him feel welcome." I remarked, hoping he would get it but he was furious.

"I ask you to do one thing and you can't even do that."

"Peter... I'm sorry. I just-"

"Take her to the treehouse." Peter orders Milo who just gives me a conflicted stare, "lock her in there."

"What?" I exclaim, looking at Peter in utter disgust, "you can't be serious?"

"I can't have you jeopardize our mission. This is too important." He says, not even looking into my eyes.

"I thought the children were important you." I ask him but he doesn't look my direction at all....  "I thought I was important to you..." I mutter, but of course he doesn't hear it.

Milo grabs onto my hands tighter, walking me to the treehouse. I don't like this at all. Something has changed in him to make Peter this way.

I know this isn't him, it can't be. He's better than that...