T H R E E

"Why are you wearing sunglasses? It's not sunny outside

"Why are you wearing sunglasses? It's not sunny outside."

I grew up with that question. Every nosy individual would always ask. In school high school I was teased for it. Through that, my answer stayed the same.

"I hate being stared at."

I decided to catch up with Niklaus in a public setting, far away from his mother. If she knew I was plotting against her she'd probably kill me.

The Mystic Grill still stunk of grease and self-deprivation. I never liked coming here as a child but since the town was so small we didn't have many options.

I spotted Matt Donovan at the bar. He didn't seem to notice me and I was grateful for that. I hoped the dark-tinted glasses would conceal my identity for now.

"Why are you hiding?" Klaus chuckled as he waved down another bartender.

"I don't need my sisters pestering me," I answered with a whine. "They'll use you against me."

"Then why come back?" He raised his eyebrows.

I looked around my surroundings to make sure nobody was listening, "what I'm about to tell you cannot be spoken of by anyone else. I don't even think you'll believe me."

He seemed concerned. "What is it?"

"I've been having visions lately. Vampires dying, Mystic Falls in flames, blood, and at the very center is your mother."

I paused to let him digest the information. The wheels in his brain moved rapidly.

"What could this mean?" He asked, his eyes downcast.

I shrugged, "I don't know. If I could get close enough to her I could read her mind."

"She's always away with Finn," Niklaus pointed out. "He's made it clear that he hates this life."

"You think he'd be suicidal enough to kill you and the rest of your siblings?" I thought aloud.

"Come along. I think we should speak to Elijah," Niklaus suggests. We stood and made our way back to his car.

"Cecelia?"

"Ah hell," Nik muttered softly.

I squeezed my eyes shut and took my glasses off. "Hello, Bonnie."

"What are you doing here? Why are you with him?" Disgust clouded her features.

I chuckled darkly, "You, Bonnie Bennett, keep digging your grave deeper and deeper. Come on, Nik."

She yanked my arm back, "where are you going."

Heat pooled in the pit of my stomach. I ripped my arm away. Control of my Magic was hard to take. Klaus noticed my inner struggle. 

"You aligned yourself with the person that has come after your only family," she hissed. "How could you."

The heat rose to my fingertips. The iris of my eyes flashed red. "We are not family."