N I N E T E E N

"I'm not helping you hide the cure."

You would think after telling somebody no once they would listen. Especially a 500 year old vampire. But not if she's desperate.

"You need me," she said as she followed me around the hotel room. "You can avenge Kol."

"You're making my head hurt," I mumbled, sitting on the bed. I took my heels off. "Look I have some stuff to read before I go out tonight. Are you done?"

She ran a hand through her hair while muttering a few curses under her breath. For a split second, I forgot this wasn't my little sister. She searched the room, eyes stopping on my bag of books. Sighing I held a hand out, freezing her body except for her eyes and mouth.

"This is the thanks I get for not killing you?" I chastised, "Of course destroy when you can't get what you want. Elena does that. Do you want to be compared to Elena?"

"She'll never admit she's exactly like me," she gritted out, "we're exactly alike."

"I don't disagree. You're both pathetic." With a flick of the wrist, she slammed into the wall, groaning as she fell to the ground. "This is the great Katherine Pierce. The survivor."

"I just want my freedom," she moaned, stretching her muscles.

I knelt to her taking a fist full of her hair and yanking her up, "I'm not inclined to give that to you."

"Then let me go." She clawed at my hand as she fought my magic.

Then I felt the familiar bands of my soul pulling out of the room. I didn't have time to react to the door slamming into the wall, breaking into pieces.

"Girls, girls," Rebekah stepped into the room with her perfect walk. She pushed her hair from her face, "Let's not fight."

I jerked Katherine's head back by her hair. "Did you know they were following you?"

"We found documents that belonged to her." Behind the blonde came the annoying identical copy of the woman still trying to free herself from my grasp.

Just when I think it can't get worse, shit hits the fan.

"Where's the cure?" Elena asked in a bored tone. She didn't seem too happy to be here.

"I don't have it," Katherine said through her teeth. "I'm not giving it up."

"Can you look into her head?" Rebekah requested.

I let Katherine go, her head hitting the hard wood with a thud. The Original crossed her arms over her chest.

"I'm not going to do that," I told her. She seemed surprised.

"Why not?"

I looked at her as if she'd grown another head, "I didn't even ask for any of you to be here."

"Then we'll leave," Elena snarked looking over to where Katherine was. But of course, she wasn't there.

"You had to know what was going to happen," I said, "I would say happy trials but it's never a happy day when either of you come around."

So I continued my day by collecting my belongings and compelling myself a new room. I ran a bath, hoping to relax while I read the three journals. I sunk into the jacuzzi-sized tub with two bottles of red wine in my hand.

It didn't take long to finish all of the books. Julianne's was more like a diary, retelling her days. She wrote about the days leading up to the creation of Paradise. Her odd magical pregnancy made me laugh. In her words, it was the worst for her magic. She had no control. I couldn't understand some of the pages because of the language but I made a note to return it to her. I had many questions for her.