chapter eight

in her empty bed, amalie was woken up by silence.

or maybe it was the throbbing of her neck.

she lifted her head up, adjusting herself further so her head could rest appropriately on the pillow. like it hadn't been the entire time.

she had no concept of time. what time it was, what day it was. april showers bring may flowers. it was the beginning of may, and she wasn't seeing any flowers. they were no where in sight. it just still felt like it was raining.

amalie hadn't checked her phone in days, the device laying face down onto her nightstand. she hesitated before flipping it over with a weak hand.

pulling the plug from the socket, the lock screen read her face i.d. and allowed the brunette entrance.

about three hundred text messages were waiting to be given attention, according to the red circle above the green application.

she soon understood that cal had given her number out to all of the misfit toys, and they had added amalie to a groupchat named scufflepuff.

before opening the chat, she felt guilty for ignoring her new dirty blonde friend.

she tapped onto the conversation.

maybe: callahan

hey it's me, callahan

jesus cunt you ever check your phone?

i take that as a fuck no

...the boys really liked you

hellOOO

fucking cunt

if i wasn't occupied i would march my fat ass to you right now

you're worrying me.

not sure what you're up to

call me when you want to be alive

amalie

hi. i'm so sorry.

i was shitting

cal

wtf that's a big fucken shit

amalie

you're telling me!

clicking out from their conversation, she finally skimmed the group chat. another text caught her eye, from her coach. but she wanted to avoid it for as long as she could.

scufflepuff

maybe: cam thanks for adding her, cal!

maybe: swagger omg now we can group ft

maybe: matt why so you can call everyone when you're taking a poop

maybe: swagger i don't see a downside to that

maybe: jay neither do i. it seems quite romantic.

maybe: toby you guys are so gross

maybe: mason when i shit i just make sure everyone can smell it