‣ 08

RAVEN

as raven stepped into her bedroom, she fell backwards onto her bed, staring up at the blank ceiling. for the first time in a long time, she was starting to feel something again.

when raven was fourteen, she was diagnosed with depression. the only people who knew about her diagnosis were theo and her mum, and she planned to keep it that way.

she often felt as though her mental illness weighed her down. she thought that if people knew that she had depression, they would stop being her friend. it sounds unreasonable, but raven wasn't ever reasonable in the first place.

she had only know ruel for a little longer than 24 hours, but she could tell that her mood had shifted. her depression hadn't disappeared, obviously, but she had definitely been partially distracted from it since they hung out for the first time.

deep down, raven had a suspicion that she liked ruel, any time he smiled, her stomach would do front flips. and she hated it. she had only ever dated two people, the first was when she was in eighth grade. they dated for a month and then the boy ended up coming out to her as gay so they broke up. the second ended just a few of months before she moved to sydney.

their relationship was on and off, but it was toxic. he was manipulative and controlling, and she was too in love with him to see the problem. it was bound to end at some point, but when it did, she didn't handle it well. she fell into a depressive spiral that lasted for almost two months.

she had then convinced herself that love didn't exist and made a vow to herself that she wouldn't date anyone else for the rest of her high schooling experience.

but having a friend like ruel couldn't hurt.

so, she pulled out her phone and decided to message him. but, since she didn't have his number, she had to use instagram direct messages.

INSTAGRAM
DIRECT MESSAGE

raevalentinehello hello hellooo

raevalentine
hello hello hellooo

oneruel
why hello there
why are you messaging me
wait
that sounds like i'm being mean i promise i'm not i just want to know

raevalentine
my feelings were bouta get hurt if you didn't clarify that i swear
but the reason is that i am bored and you are the only person i know well enough to talk to :)

oneruel
i feel so honoured
but text my number xxx-xxx-xxxx because i don't use instagram to message people much

raevalentine
ah right, i forgot how famous you are lmaoo

IMESSAGE