Chapter 6: Bellum.

Natascha,Giovanni and Marcus together with Natascha's little army fight against Donisha's army of Immortal Men and mortal men.One night around the fire at the camp Giovanni and Oraculi asked more about Natascha in which she tells them and the other men more about herself and who she really is,with the other men asleep. Natascha also asks the two men about their pasts which they tell her more about.

Marcus POV:

Eighteen years before the War of the Italian Noble Families ,Augustus Julii allegedly abducted Octavia Cladius of Genoa in a scandal that would lead to the outbreak of Federico's Rebellion. Augustus would eventually return to fight in the war, but not before leaving Octavia behind at the Palazzo Bianco , guarded by Commander Mario Roatta and Mario Robotti of the Republican Guard. Duke Nero Cladius Proculus , Octavia's brother, rode to war along with her betrothed,Federico Colonna , to rescue his sister and avenge the deaths of their father and mother on the orders of Augustus's father,Julius iv, the Mad King.

Federico would ultimately kill Augustus at the Battle of Fortem, effectively ensuring their victory in the war. After the Sack of Albenga, Nero continued north in search of his sister and ultimately found her at the Palazzo Bianco. Nero and his companions engaged in a with the remaining Julii Kingsguard, which resulted in the deaths of all combatants save Nero himself and Titus Pullo.

After defeating the last of the Kingsguard, Nero rushed into the palace to save his sister - only to find Octavia dying from childbirth, having just given birth to me Augustus's only son. Desperate to protect me, a fading Octavia my mother  pleaded with Nero to promise her that he would keep me her son safe, and his true heritage hidden from Federico as he had been Augustus's most bitter enemy. Furthermore, my existence was a potential threat to Federico's claim to Julius Ceaser's Crown after the deaths of Augustus's other children,Amedeo and Umberto, by his wife Carmen Bourbon, who also perished, during the Albenga. In accordance with her last wish, Nero resolved to pass me Octavia's son off as his own and raise me in his palace - a great blow to his honor as he knew that his decision would shame both himself and his lady wife,Silvia Aosta.

Nero decided not to use my birth name of Mark, which would have given away my real parentage. Instead, he chose to give me the name of "Marcus" after his great friend and mentor ,Lord of Filicudi, whom I loved like a second father. I also grew up using the surname "Proculus", as is customary for acknowledged bastards in the North. In truth, however, I  am not a bastard at all, as Augustus apparently had his marriage to Carmen annulled and married Octavia my mother.

Early Life.

I  spent the next seventeen years being raised in Genoa as Nero Cladius's illegitimate son, alongside his trueborn children with his wife. Understandably, Nero Cladius never told anyone, including Silvia or me myself, who my mother was or even if she was still alive. When pressed by Federico, whom he couldn't deny an answer, Nero went as far as to concoct a vague explanation that my mother was some woman named "Amara" that he met during the war. Silvia's eldest son,Aimone , would be acknowledged unquestionably as Nero's heir, but I was otherwise never treated much differently than her younger sons Emanuele and Humbert.

Despite sharing a happy marriage, my presence at Genoa would serve as a constant source of friction between Nero and Silvia. Since I was never legitimized, Silvia was never my"stepmother" in any sense of the term or had any obligations to me whatsoever. She never mistreated me, but she was cold towards me and avoided me whenever possible, viewing me only as a living reminder of the one time that Nero had dishonored her. Silvia would later confess to her daughter-in-law about how I caught the pox when I was a child, and she stayed with me through the night and prayed to the gods to let me live out of guilt for previously praying for my death, accepting that Iwas not to blame for her husband's sin, though it was still not enough to make her love me, something she would eventually come to regret.

Due to my bastard status, I grew up feeling like an outsider at Genoa. Although Nero would see that I was well-treated, My attendance at Genoa's more "formal" occasions was restricted and I would even be barred from sitting inside at the Lord's table with my family so as not to offend important guests. Otherwise, I still lived better than many bastard-born children and was well-raised by Nero as his own. I was loved by my father and siblings, was never hungry or poor, lived in his father's palace, and had a noble's upbringing.I received a highborn education from Maester Michael Sherman and a young lord's martial training from Genoa's , Sir Alfredo Garcia.

Of the Proculus children, I was very close friends with Aimone - given that we were roughly the same age, being regular companions in training and riding. I was also close with both Emanuele and Humbert, as well as having a friendly rival in Duke Nero's ward ,Vittorio Albizzi. However, my closest relationship was with Elana, who, as an adventurous tomboy prone to un-ladylike pursuits, also felt like a social outsider. In contrast, My early relationship with Sienna was unpleasant; very much her mother's daughter, she was aloof and cold to me as well.

As time went by I met you and you changed something within me and my personal life,I also received a letter from Nero before his death telling me about my real parentage.

Natascha POV:

''That was a great story Marcus I just wants to cry.''Natascha answer her friend.

Giovanni looks at the ground when...

''What about you Mr.D'Angelo?''Natascha asked Giovanni.

Giovanni looks up at Natascha,she looks him straight in the eyes.

Giovanni's cheeks turns pink as he blushes.

''Uhh...uhh...uhm well like I said my story History isn't actually the greatest.''Giovanni answered

''You could have fooled me.''Natascha answered.

Leaving Giovanni a shy and blushing mess while he stares at her with puppy dog eyes.

''Please,Giovanni.''Natascha pleads

''Okay,I'll tell you my story but only because you're so cute and...well I like you and I don't want to break your heart.''Giovanni jokes.

Everyone laugh.

Giovanni POV:

I was born during the reign of Benito Mussolini and grew up a frail youth in a poor family. My father died when i was a little boy, and my mother when I was in my late teens. Horrified by war in Europe, I was inspired to try to enlist in the Army. However, I was rejected according to them I was no fit. Overhearing my prayer to be accepted, the Roman Gods gave me great powers.

I woke up the next morning feeling something different within my body when,I looked in my mirror I saw that the Gods had blessed me with a body of a god. I tried again to join the army and they accepted me this time because they thought I could be a great partner for The Italian Defence Forces.

I was then put through an intensive physical and tactical training program,teaching me gymnastics, hand-to-hand combat and military strategy. Seven months later,and two months after your fall I was given my first assignment, to help you to stop the Cobra Clan. To help me become a symbolic symbol in Italy,I was given the red, white, and green costume of Capitano Italia.

Natascha POV:

''Wow,that was a fantastic story.''Natascha answered

''See it was not so bad,you have a natural gift with words.''Natascha answered

Giovanni chuckles a little.

''Well thank you,my lady.'' He jokes

Which causes a laugh from both Natascha and Marcus,Natascha stares at a smiling Giovanni.

''Well I've gotta Gay...Go,Go.''Natascha answered.

Natascha stands up

''I've gotta Go.''Natascha answered

Marcus and Giovanni both laughing at her word mistake.

Song playing in the background when Giovanni talks: