Chapter 19 - A Sneak Peek

Feng Jiu was devastated.

The ice that had completely covered her room was a testament to that.

To prevent the princes from being worried, Cheng Jiao took them out on trips outside the house, but was also careful so that Gun Gun wasn't seen by anyone. As for now, no one except for the people in Nine Heavens knew of his existence.

If the people in Qing Qiu knew, he would know, since tongues would wag.

Aside from being devastated, Feng Jiu was also very restless.

And it was both due to the fact that the secret she tried so hard to keep was already laid bare in front of Dong Hua. Now if he just had some semblance of shame, he will keep the matter under wraps and respect her decision to not talk about it.

Dong Hua is Gun Gun's father.

The fact that it was true made her chest ache in anger. She realized that when she lay in Peach Tree Woods after getting back from her mortal trial. He was his flesh and blood and she can see the resemblance between the two of them from a mile.

Sometimes, she wished she thought to let Gun Gun know he had a father back in the Nine Realms, someone like Thranduil. She could easily use one of the favors he owed her to blackmail him into pretending to be Gun Gun's father. But it was too late for that.

When she came back from the Nine Realms she was neck deep in grief.

Her son, her poor son, how would he feel if he was given the news that his mother was missing? Possibly dead?

The worst part wasn't the fact that she was separated from her son. It was when she realized she still is in love with Dong Hua. She had berated herself over and over because of that. A man who had a hand in nearly killing her precious son, how could she still have the nerve to have feelings for him?

So she decided to seal her emotions.

It was for the best.

She could never forget Gun Gun, and every minute of the day, she thought of him.

Did he live well? Did he eat well? Is he being taken care of properly?

She could not bear to love another child that was not Gun Gun, her precious son, her son who was born from her blood, sweat and tears, her son she spent so much effort on making sure he was healthy.

She could still remember the day she gave birth to Gun Gun. That time, she wanted to smack herself for insisting she wanted Gun Gun to be born the normal way.

Freya screamed, sweat pouring out like buckets from every pores of her body, soaking every inch of it. "Enchantress! Push harder!" urged the midwife, while Celeste was anxiously wiping the sweat in her forehead while another maidservant was biting her lip in pain from having Freya grip her hand too tight. "I think I can see the head!" stated the midwife again.