Chapter 4 - Heavenly Trial

If there was something Bi Fang found himself to be wary of, it was his Master's niece, Bai Feng Jiu, Queen of Eastern Qing Qiu.

13000 years ago, she was harmless. Strong, yes, but harmless. She was a good monarch, but she was too kind. She wore her heart on her sleeve. She was stern, but easygoing.

With her appearance, it was inevitable that the queen's beauty indeed was calamitous.

No one would expect that same beauty to be able to raze an entire tribe to the ground with just herself and her right hand man in a single night.

But she did.

With a sweep of her sword, twenty members of that ghost clan had their upper halves severed in an instant. On that night, blood washed YiLui Island anew.

"This life is already long enough," upon passing by YiHua Pond in the 11th level of heaven, Bi Fang saw a rather interesting sight. His master's niece was there, with a few urns of wine beside her. Her cheeks were pink and her eyes were strangely glossy while her right-hand man was quietly watching her.

"I remember years ago, when the Dark Elves attacked us," she slurred, her tongue nearly failing her. "Was it morning or evening? Cheng Jiao, answer."

"It was dusk, My Lady," he answered politely. "You were tending to the Prince that time because of a nasty spell that hit him."

Feng Jiu giggled, raising her jar in delight. "That's right! That brat was too eager, I nearly pushed the sword clean off of his back in anger," she laughed once more, her actions causing two jars to fall into the water.

Bi Fang narrowed his eyes. 20000 years ago? But at that time, she was in Qing Qiu or in Tai Chen Palace. 'Unless...' he snapped his neck to her direction and confirmed if she was drunk.

She really was.

Without another word, he turned back on his heel and left, to find his master.

::

"Little Jiu is drunk?" Bai Zhen asked, his expression to one of disbelief. "But Little Jiu isn't one to get drunk on a trip," he murmured. "Where did you say she was?"

"In YiHua Pond, on the 11th level of Heaven. She was laughing and her face was very red," he dutifully answered. "She seemed to be talking about her Heavenly Trial..."

"What?" Bai Zhen exhaled loudly, before standing up and abruptly walking towards the gate, just as A-Li had encountered them.

"A-Li greets Fourth Uncle," the Little Dough respectfully greeted. "Fourth Uncle, where are you going? I heard you were talking about Big Sister Feng Jiu. Can A-Li come too?"

Bai Zhen immediately agreed. He didn't mean to be a nosy one, but he had been far too worried about Feng Jiu since she came back. He wanted at least a pinch of details of her Heavenly Trial. If A-Li was there, with Feng Jiu intoxicated, she might tell them more.