Chapter 10 - A New Character Makes An Entrance

"When will Mother come back?"

The young maid beside the Prince smiled hesitantly as the Prince cupped his cheeks. The prince was just 200 years old, but he had the appearance of a five year-old mortal.

"Your Highness, I'm sure the Enchantress is doing her best to solve her problems. The Enchantress loves Your Highness so much, why would she not hasten in order to just be by your side?"

"Does Your Highness want to ride the ponies to alleviate your boredom?" the maid suggested. "Prince Thor is also hunting today. Maybe he can accompany you?"

The Prince crossed his arms, frowning childishly. "And then I'll run into Prince Loki and listen to him sulk?"

The maid giggled. "Your Highness, though in hierarchy, you are technically the same as Prince Loki, he is still much older than you. You still need to respect him."

"Forget it," the Prince huffed and set down his tome. "Prepare a pony. I will go to the Sacred Mountain to retrieve magical herbs. I might as well also replenish and refine my supply of elixirs in Longevity Santuary," he hopped down the chaise. "I will go to my chambers to change. Prepare what we need to bring."

The maid smiled. "Yes, Prince Gun Gun. How long will we be staying there?"

"Maybe six months. We leave before the day breaks."

::

"Join me for swordsmanship training, young Prince Gun Gun!" The familiar boisterous and jolly exclamation made Gun Gun exhale in resignation as he rolled his eyes, tightening his grip on the reins of his ponies. "Such a coincidence to have happened upon you here, my friend."

Friend was probably an understatement since Prince Thor Odinson was millenias older than him. Maturity otherwise, the elder prince was probably younger than him by hundreds of millenias.

Though Gun Gun had the title of Prince, he was not part of the Royal Family. But because his mother, Enchantress Freya had saved the first prince, Prince Balder's life when he was poisoned, the Allfather granted a title to him and named him an Imperial Son.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you, Prince Thor. I am on my way to the Longevity Sanctuary to refine my elixirs," he curtly answered. "But I do wonder why Prince Loki isn't with you, Prince Thor?"

Though the two came from different mothers, Prince Loki and Prince Thor were joined by the hip since they were born. Or rather, Prince Thor had nailed his own hip to Prince Loki. To see one without the other was actually rare.

The golden haired prince's expression turned sombre. "Brother has fallen asleep again. The Healers had estimated that he may wake up after eighteen months."

Gun Gun frowned. Indeed, Prince Loki's health was too frail. He wondered how the Ice God had achieved his reputation of being feared as one of the most powerful magic users in the realms when he was always one step away from being comatose.