Faith: What was that about?

Toph: I don't know. (Shrugs.)

Toph earthbends herself into her tent. Later that day, set up continues. Standing on top of Appa, Aang uses airbending to lift the saddle. He mistakenly causes it to land directly on top of Sokka, who had been standing on the ground beside the bison.

Aang: (Landing onto the ground to aid Sokka.) Sorry!

Katara sets down a jug of water. She looks over at Toph, sitting comfortably beneath her earth tent. Her dull expression changes to one of slight happiness. She approaches Toph who is eating some sort of food item.

Katara: (Rubs back of head sheepishly.) Hey Toph, I wanted to apologize for earlier. I think we're all just a little tired and getting on each other's nerves.

Toph: (Casually.) Yeah, you do seem pretty tired.

Katara: (Growing disgusted.) I meant all of us.

Inside Toph's earth tent she is lazily tossing the food item onto the ground and lays her head down to rest.

Toph: Well, good night.

Katara: (Slightly irked.) Good night.

Katara turns around and leaves. The scene changes to nightfall hours later where everyone is asleep. Toph is suddenly startled awake. She rises and presses her left hand to the ground to feel the vibrations within the earth. She hears something. She rises to her feet and runs out of the tent.

Toph: There's something coming toward us!

Aang: What is it?

Toph: (Pressing hand to the ground.) It feels like an avalanche, but also not an avalanche.

Faith: (Closes her eyes and lifts her hand up in the sky.) Toph is Right, whatever it is it's big and heading straight for us. The air is different, whatever this thing is it's not good news.

Sokka: (Sarcastically.) Your powers of perception are frightening.

Katara: Should we leave?

Aang: Better safe than sorry.

Cuts to the forest, a cloud of smoke billowing toward them in a clearing in the distance. Appa appears with, the team riding atop him. Aang leans against the saddle to peer at the object.

Katara: What is that thing?

A tank train mechanism is racing speedily along the ground. The moon is partly obscured by clouds. Aang yawns sleepily, dark circles beginning to form under his eyes. Sokka appears ready to fall asleep as he leans his head on his hand. Toph and Katara sit on Appa's saddle idly. Faith is sat besides Aang clearly struggling to hold her eyes open. Appa flies over mountainous terrain and lands on a smooth, rocky surface.

Toph: (Leaping off Appa and lying on the ground, relieved.) Ah, land sweet land! (Rises and says cheerfully.) See you guys in the morning!

Katara: Actually, can you help us unload?

Toph: (Sarcastically.) Really? You need me to help unload Sokka's funky-smelling sleeping bag?

Aang hands Sokka his sleeping bag which he proceeds to smell. Sokka turns away, his disgusted face growing red, and falls backward, passing out.

Katara: (Curtly.) Well, yeah. That and everything else. You're a part of our team now, and -

Toph: (Points a finger at Katara in irritation.) Look! I didn't ask you to help unload my stuff! (Turns and begins walking away.) I'm carrying my own weight.