Chapter 2: The cave of two lovers

Start from the beginning

Aang: (Wearing a wreath of pink flowers on his head.) Hey, Sokka, you should hear some of these stories. These guys have been everywhere!

Chong: (Stops playing.) Well not everywhere, Little Arrowhead. But where we haven't been, we've heard about through stories and songs.

Aang: They said they'll take us to see a giant night crawler!

Moku: (Lying on the ground; in a dreamy voice.) On the way, there's a waterfall that creates a never-ending rainbow!

Sokka: Look, I hate to be the wet blanket here, but since Faith and Katara are busy, I guess it's up to me.

Katara shoots him a glare as Lily braids her hair. And Faith just sits besides her making a flower headband.

Sokka: We need to get to Omashu. No sidetracks, no worms and definitely no rainbows.

Chong: Wow, sounds like someone has a case of destination fever. You're worried too much about where you're going.

Lily: You got to focus less on the "where" and more on the "going". (She makes gestures with her hand, accidentally tugging on Katara's braid.)

Sokka: (Impatiently.) O. Ma. Shu!

Katara: Sokka's right. We need to find King Bumi, so Aang can learn earthbending somewhere safe.

Chong: Sounds like you're headed to Omashu.

Sokka smacks his forehead in frustration.

Chong: There's an old story about a secret pass right through the mountains.

Katara: Is this real or a legend?

Chong: Oh, it's a real legend. And it's as old as earthbending itself. (Begins strumming his lute and singing.) Two lovers, forbidden from one another, the war divides their people and the mountain divides them apart! Built a path to be together! (Stops playing.) Yeah, I forget the next couple of lines, but then it goes... (Resumes singing.) Secret tunnel! Secret tunnel! Through the mountains, secret, secret, secret, secret tunnel! Yeah!

Everyone around Appa, including the nomads are dancing and clapping.

Sokka: (Unamused while folding his arms.) I think we'll just stick with flying. We've dealt with the Fire Nation before. We'll be fine.

Aang: Yeah, thanks for the help, but Appa hates going underground. (Flashing a smile.) And we need to do whatever makes Appa most comfortable...

Faith: Whatever makes him comfortable I guess.

The scene changes to a mountainous cliffside where Fire Nation soldiers are attacking the team by launching fireballs at them as they desperately try to escape on Appa.

Commander: (Pointing at the trio on Appa.) Launch!

Several catapults are activated, launching an assault of fireballs at the team, who manages to narrowly avoid them.

Sokka/Katara/Aang: Ahhhh!

The scene cuts to the trio, covered in ash and scorch marks, casually strolling past the nomads.

Faith: (Smiling beside the Nomads.) Nice flight?

Sokka: (Pointing forward.) Secret love cave, let's go.

Team Avatar and the band of nomads are journeying to the tunnels along a wide street surrounded by the ruins of a temple.

Sokka: How far are we from the tunnel?

Chong: Actually, it's not just one tunnel. The lovers didn't want anyone to find out about their love, so they built a whole labyrinth!

Sokka: (Halts in his tracks; in shock.) Labyrinth?