Chapter 4: The Warriors of Kyoshi

Start from the beginning

Aang: (Nudges Appa against his front leg with his elbow.) I said, aren't you boy?

Appa puts slightly more enthusiasm behind his response the second time by grunting louder and opening up his mouth wide as if he was yawning.

Sokka: (Aang smiles over his shoulder at the trio. Sarcastically.) Yeah, that was real convincing. (Somewhat fearfully.) Still, hard to argue with a ten-ton magical monster.

Faith: (Crossing her arms and closing her eyes smiling; Sarcastically.) Smooth move boys.

Aang: (Runs toward the shore, takes a sharp breath and points. Excitedly.) Look!

Aang is standing on the beach, pointing and looking at the water where an elephant koi jumps out the water and back in, creating a giant splash. The siblings and Faith stare in awe at the giant fish.

Aang: (Excited.) That's why we're here. (Starts to disrobe while more koi fish jump out of the water in the background.) Elephant koi, and I'm gonna ride it. Faith, you've got to watch me!

Faith: (Shakes her head and sighs; Smiling.) Well I have to keep an eye on you don't I?

Aang runs up to the water and dives in. As soon as he submerges, he jumps out again.

Aang: Cold!

Katara and Sokka, stand on shore, they exchange glances while Appa walks away, clearly taking interest in something else. Sokka makes a circular motion with his left hand around near his left temple, signaling to his sister that he thinks Aang is crazy. Faith laughs before looking back at Aang who is swimming toward the deep waters of the bay where the koi fish are. He dives under and immediately appears again, now holding on to the back fin of one of these giant animals as it jumps out of the water before diving again. Faith smiles broadly, impressed at the sight of Aang riding the koi fish while Sokka stares at the scene with an uninterested look upon his face and his arms crossed and Katara just looks smiles and crosses her arms following her brothers movement. Momo is jumping excitedly up and down as Aang's koi fish reappears again and Melody climbs up Faith's shoulder and nibbles on a piece of fruit she found. Clearly unimpressed.

Aang: (Aang is atop the fish's back, waving at his friends.) Hahaha, hahaha!

Faith: (Enthusiastically waves back.) Whooh! Go Aang!

Aang continues to ride the koi. Two other koi jump out of the water behind him to the left and right. Aang is still laughing loud with excitement as they race through the water. The three koi playfully jump out the water before diving. Aang submerges into the water while holding onto the fish's back. Momo is still excitedly jumping up and down while Faith addresses her friends who still have their arms crossed.

Faith: (Smiling.) He looks pretty good out there.

Sokka: (Unimpressed.) Are you kidding? (Lazily gestures at Aang in the water.) The fish is doing all the work.

Katara: (Picking up Momo and starts to stroke him.) I think that someone is jealous!

Sokka: (Angrily.) So not!

Faith: (Notices something behind Sokka and runs off.) No, Appa. Don't eat that! (Appa grunts.)

Aang smiles on top of the fish, presumably in an attempt to impress Faith. Faith starts to run off into the distance.

Aang: (Disappointed, the smile having faded off his face.) Oh man...

Two koi fish suddenly change direction, including Aang's, swerving to the bottom-right of the screen, leaving behind one koi fish that continues to race forward. A dark shadow of a large body appears beneath the water's surface directly behind the koi fish.