"And I didn't even take the time to think about him."

"I was so caught up in myself." I admitted.

"Well you have the right to be relieved and you have the right to be happy. There's no problem in that, you're young." She explained.

"Just like he has the right he has in being upset about it." She went on.

"But definitely the same way he explained to you why he's upset, explain to him why you feel the way you do as well. So he can understand from your perspective and not think that you don't care about his feelings. Especially since the two of you are working on being together again, communication this time around is important."

"And also remember that just because he's a man doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings too."

"You're right." I nodded in agreement. I definitely needed him to know that I cared about his feelings because I really do. I mean, we'd talked last night but it was important for him to know this.

I didn't want him thinking otherwise.

"I'll talk to him." I said more to myself as my mind wandered.

"Thanks, mom."

"Anytime, baby."

*
Later that day
3pm

"You hungry?" Dom asked taking a pull from his blunt while we sat in his car out front of his house.

"No, I just had food with mom. She cooked." I spoke softly and he nodded, filling the car with smoke.

"I brought you some. It's in the house." I said to him and he raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah?"

"Yes." I smiled small as he leaned over the threshold and placed a kiss onto my lips.

"Thank you, baby." He looked into my eyes for a while before pulling back.

Saying nothing else, we sat there in silence for a while as he continued to smoke.

"But I do want to talk to you about something." I blurted out, rolling my window down slightly, trying to get some of the smoke out.

"What's up? Talk to me." He glanced over at me.

"You good?" He asked and I nodded slowly.

"Well yeah. I just-"

"Yo, Dom!" Some guy startled the both of us, rudely interrupting me as he walked up to my side of the car.

"What's up, man? You got that stuff?" He went on, leaning in the window as I backed up, looking over to Dominic who's eyebrows were furrowed.

"Nigga what?" He spat back to him as I turned my head to look up at the guy while he continued to lean.

"Weed. You got weed, man?" He asked again and Dominic chuckled but I knew there was nothing actually funny. He was just getting upset.

"So you gon' just continue to disrespect a nigga?"

"And you gon' act like you don't see my girl right here?" He asked fed up as the guy looked at me, holding his hands up in defense.