Chapter 26: Fairy

Start from the beginning

It was a warm and comforting smell despite his many, many, many transgressions.

In his current state of somewhat-dazed-after-cushioning-a-fall appearance, Nazareth Odum was devastatingly attractive.

The consensus filled the minds of everyone who witnessed the fall and/or its aftermath and were currently crowding around for a closer look.

"What the hell are you doing?! Get off of him!"

Nazareth's three companions cut through the crowd of students and surrounded him like dogs jealously guarding a treasure.

Royce shoved the boy off and kneeled next to him.

"Are you alright?!"

"I'm fine..."

Nazareth tried to sit up, wincing slightly as he did, which didn't go unnoticed by some of the students.

His friends converged around him at once.

Tybalt, having noticed the muddled look in the other's eyes, latched onto Nazareth's arm to keep him steady.

There was a flicker of concern in those lavender eyes as he scrutinized him.

Nazareth was clearly disoriented from the fall.

So even a monster like him could be affected by something as trivial as falling down the school steps.

Vermillion eyes scrutinized the crowd, like a wolf searching for its prey.

Finally, they landed on the boy who tripped.

The boy was small and wore the uniform of the Junior Division.

He was trying desperately to melt into the crowd with little success.

His large eyes stared at the school menace with doe-like fear and everyone saw the way Nazareth's eyes softened.

With the aid of Tybalt, Nazareth drew closer to the kid.

The students around them sucked in a breath as he reached out and caught the boy by his chin.

The boy elicited a small squeak, trying to shrink away but also terrified of the consequences if he tried to avoid the Odum bastard.

Nazareth tilted the boy's head to one side, and then to the other before he brought out a handkerchief.

He fiddled with the handkerchief and pressed one of the stitches on the corner beside his acronym.

Those who stood close enough to witness the action watched in amazement as the handkerchief turned wet without water.

Nazareth placed the cloth on the side of the kid's face, where a small cut had appeared during their fall.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"P-Polonius, Sir... Polonius Meyers."

"Polonius..." Neo hummed, "Do you spar often with my sister, Polonius?"

"Y-yes, Sir."

Everyone watched as Nazareth gave the boy a small soft smile, just a small quirk of his lips and crease in his eyes.

The smile was captivating enough for Polonius to lose his breath for a moment.

"Be careful next time."

The boy nodded.

Nazareth patted him on the head.

The crowd had suddenly gone completely silent.