Chapter 4

It's been two months since the day she got her ability. Ever since then, her parents did not allow her to leave the house. She wasn't also allowed to go to school either in fear that she might speak of her parents' evil doings.

For the past two months, she was forcefully locked inside the laboratory as if she were some wild animal, ready to attack at any time.

She would constantly go under many observations and tests; her well-being was disregarded. Needles, wires, and machines were attached or injected into her most of the time. The metal table became her bed; she was strapped to it almost every day as all sorts of pain overwhelmed her body.

Her parents, mostly her father, would come in frequently to help her 'train' her abilities.

-----

"F-father" y/n weakly said as she saw what is in her father's hand.

Today's training is to endure both fear and pain without turning visible. She looked at her father with fear displayed across her face.

Minho walked towards the table with his back turned to his daughter. When he turned again to face her, y/n cried in horror as she saw him holding a whip. Her face was white and blistering, her eyelids shut, and her hair falling from the front of her forehead

Her father shoved y/n's black hair away from her back. Y/n prepared herself for the worst and let her body slowly fade away. Then, Minho held his whip high and brought it down her bare back with full strength and force.

CRACK!

At the strike, y/n's body was suddenly and instantly overwhelmed with sweat. She shrieked in agony with all her voice as her eyes shot wide at this excruciating sensation. Her body was no longer invisible.

Her father's eyes were now filled with rage because of her daughter's failure.

"Again!" He yelled.

Tears started to form in her eyes as she tried holding them.

"Don't you dare cry in front of me, understood?" Her father said sternly.

Y/n nodded as she wiped her tears away. She once again let herself disappear and tried to concentrate this time.

Satisfied, he brought his whip down again and again.

CRACK!.... CRACK!.... CRACK!

In excruciating pain, Y/n wished she could pass out from blood loss. If that is still possible. She slowly reappeared in front of her father, pain evident on her face.

Minho stood before her with a look of satisfaction displayed across his face. He was satisfied with what he had done with no hint of guilt or remorse across his face.

He grinned more widely as he saw the scars and wounds from her back, closing and fading away. Now her bare back looks flawless as though she has never been whipped.

He was too proud of himself for inventing a drug that can make a person heal in just minutes. And of course, he decided to test it on her daughter, which worked out pretty well.

Minho took one last glance at his daughter, who was now laying on the floor, quivering. He scoffed at how pathetic his daughter looked before leaving the room.

Y/n was left in the room, lying down on her stomach, her back still stinging. She could not utter a word since her mind is still clouded from pain. Then, tears started falling down her cheeks, one by one, and she let them fall freely.